Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Serves me right!

Today I caught Emmie 'mid-poop' and decided to try to get her to sit on the toilet. I decided this despite her absolute fear of and refusal to have anything to do with the toilet. So I took her into the bathroom and was trying to trap her in there while also trying to dig out our little toilet training seat that was in the bathroom cupboard.
What happened next took me a bit by surprise. I somehow unhooked a pipe/tube thing (forgive my lack of proper plumbing terminology) water started spraying everywhere!!! I was getting soaking wet, as was the floor, and everything under the sink. It took me a few seconds to get my bearings, pull everything out from under the sink, and figure out how to get the water shut off. It was insane! There was A LOT of water EVERYWHERE!!! Way more water than one would expect would end up on the floor after a few seconds of gushing water.
And so instead of convincing Emmie to sit on the toilet........I got to clean up this.
In case you were wondering it was that little plastic tube thingy......All in the name of potty training (or lack thereof)!

5 comments:

Alene said...

Sorry, but I laughed.

shellydinger said...

I wouldn't have any idea what to do, or how to shut the water off! Did Emmie think it was awesome - or scary. I hope it didn't scare her away from the toilet forever. :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa crazy! My baby is wanting to potty train really bad. He is VERY interested in it all. Now I just need to get on par with him and do it.....

kt

EJ said...

Potty training is the worst thing in the world.

Dancing Queen said...

I laughed too. Good job getting the water off too . . . I might have a problem with that as well. You should read Potty Training in Less Than a Day. Good book. (By the way it took longer to read the book than do the training, but it worked)!