Monday, March 19, 2012

A ramdom update. Just because.

Things have been crazy around here lately it seems.
And yet I have no pictures. No proof. And not much recollection.

So here are a few of the random things I do remember.

* My current favorite thing that Emmie says is, "Thank you so so much." (This is said in the cutest little kid voice imaginable.

*My current favorite thing that Owen says is "Possibly." The word itself is not as funny as the way in which the word is used. For example, "Possibly are we going to the park today?" I smile every time he says it and have no plans of correcting him any time soon.

*Owen's love of paper continues. John bought him origami paper. The things this kids makes are crazy (in both quantity and quality for a 5 year old).

* I wish I had a nickle for every time Owen asked to have a friend over. I'd be rich. The kid loves to play with friends. Not so much with himself. And he has successfully gotten to his friend's house on his bike now. Twice. Without dying. I'm thinking this summer will be awesome. I'll just say, go ride your bike to your friends house and bug them :).

* I wish we had kids that lived on our streets. Then I wouldn't be so excited about my kids being able to get to their friends houses without me taking them.

*We had Michael and Rachelle's wedding reception here on Saturday. It was at my parent's house. It was a nice night. I got to catch up with a lot of people and only said one super awkward thing. I always have to say at least one super awkward thing at all social gatherings.

* I redecorated my living room. One day I might even post a picture :) I painted over my red wall, hung curtains, replaced my couch pillows etc. And so, naturally, we also bought a piano so we could get rid of our red chair that no longer matches. It's handy to have a father in the piano business....when you're in need of a piano. It will get here in a week or two!

*My kids made a leprechaun trap. And apparently the leprechaun's didn't stop here. Probably because I requested them not to. I'm a big ole' dud when it come to St. Patrick's day. There are enough holidays with full on festivities. I intend to hold true to the ideal's of the 80's and 90's where St. Patrick's day simply means you wear green and possibly do a St. Patrick's day word search at school.

*Emmie is in full on dress up heaven. She continues to wear her sparkly blue dress but has now added many layers to it. She suddenly has an opinion about what she wears too. It drives me crazy because I'm a bit of a control freak. And I hate changing her clothes 5 times a day. And I'm not a cool enough mom to let her wear 2 dresses to church.

*Emmie is also currently addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. While it's probably not the worst thing, it's also probably not the best thing. She knows how to get to the episodes that I have on my ipod. I'm not gonna lie...I use it at stores more than I should.

*Ains is currently taking dance. She started in February, and her recital is quickly approaching. I fear Ainsley inherited my coordination and grace. Or maybe John's. Either way, this is not a good thing for her. But she loves it and so we love it!!!!!

*Ainsley is also currently being tested for her school's challenge program. To be honest I have mixed feelings about it, so if she doesn't make it I won't be very sad. But I think her other parent might be.

*I ran 3.5 miles the other day. I was pretty proud of myself considering I haven't included running as part of my workouts for quite a while. I also threw out my back again. Still not sure if these two occurrences are related at all.

*Throwing my back out makes me miss our previous chiropractic coverage. And a little mad at the county for changing our health coverage. Because now rather than being at the chiropractor getting better, I sit and try to move as little as possible and hope that things will magically realign.


I'm sure there are a million other little things that I should have recorded but didn't. But at least this semi-lame list is a start!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

3.5 miles! That is amazing. At my best (which isn't saying a lot) I crap out after 1. Awesome job Jess!

Anonymous said...

So much to say......

*First, you saying awkward things. Ha ha ha ha. I wish I was there, I think you are hilarious. I ALWAYS say awkward things too . . . seriously, it's a curse.

*St. Patrick's day: Totally agree. I will not do the traps. The most I do is make green food. That is all.

*My "S" is in a gifted program and I felt the same way as you when she was testing. I was even kinda hoping she wouldn't get in. Alas, get in she did. And now? I love it most of the time. She is receiving a far superior education than she ever has before, is finally being challenged, and is learning TONS. I would recommend it. I can go on and on about it, but I won't bore you.

*3.5 miles? You kill me. Seriously. I would die.

*Novel finally over. :)

kt

SD and EJ said...

These are my favorite kind of posts! And here are my random comments:

I never, ever correct my kids when they say things in the wrong context. It's just too cute. And I get so sad when they figure out how to say things right.

I want to see a picture of your living room. And your new piano. I'm jealous!

My philosophy is to celebrate the heck out of holidays, but St. Patrick's Day...kind of lame. All you need to do is wear green. A little person running around your house is sort of creepy, right?

I LOVE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So much so, that I would totally watch it by myself without my kids around.

I pray Ash never wants to take dance. It's just not my thing. But I bet Ains is so cute!

I think it's hard having a smart kid! There are definitely good and not so good things about it. Ains is a genius whether she makes it or not.

3.5 miles? Impressive. I still can't figure out if I like running or not.

lisa said...

zac loves mickey mouse clubhouse too! The hotdog song is pretty catchy I think :)
I will have to ask you what awkward thing you said at the wedding this weekend when we hang out. It reminds of the show Miranda (ha ha)
How is your back?
I will show you my back exercises the physical therapist has me doing if it might help.
Where is Ains taking dance at?
Lis