Monday, September 8, 2014

Owen's Baptism

Owen's baptism was on September 6th. I hope it was a special day for him.  We had family in town to support him and make his day special.  John's parents made the trip up even though his mother had recently had foot surgery and no use of her foot.  I'm sure the trip wasn't easy but we really appreciated them being here.  We spent the day getting ready for  the big event and spent the evening with family at our house. 





The commitments made at baptism are a lot for an 8 year old to fully comprehend but I'm hopeful that Owen gets parts of it.  Although I thought it was funny that he told John that he didn't feel any different after he was baptized.  I appreciate his honesty :) Maybe he was expecting an angelic cloud parting moment?  It's hard to say! Perhaps he was a little disappointed, but in the end I know he will grasp the significance of the ordinance he was just a part of.  He has so much spunk and spirit and I just pray that he will keep those traits and learn to use them in a positive way. 

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Are my dad and John wearing the same tie? I wish we could have been there!

shellydinger said...

Congratulations Owen! I was also going to ask if Dan missed the memo about the ties :)