Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Emmie's 5th Birthday

 Emmie turned 5.  About a month ago.  And I'm finally getting around to writing about it!  First of all I can't believe Emmie is 5.  How do I not have a baby anymore?!  I love it and hate it all at the same time.  Emmie is an amazing little girl and she truly makes our family better.  She is somehow feisty and a peacemaker at the same time.  She is funny and kind and she is the youngest and can therefore definitely hold her own when necessary.  I've known from the time she was a baby that one of her spiritual gifts would be her ability to be likeable and a good friend.  Her friends all love her and she is good at helping all of her friends to get along.  That skill will surely be a blessing to her in her life.

And now onto the party stuff...

Emmie got to have a family party with both sets of grandparents here. That never happens with my  kids!  It was so fun to have lots of cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents to celebrate with us. 



Emmie's birthday was also the day of the primary program.  All of my kids did a stellar job.  Of course.  And they even had their parts memorized!  If it weren't for church policy I would have pictures and a video to share, but what can I say, I'm a rule follower.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Did my parents give her that Amos McGee book? My kids LOVE it. Happy birthday Emmie!