Thursday, January 13, 2022

August 2021

August was spent working on the house (our new never ending project) and getting ready for school. Emmie got ready for school by getting braces. She had been excited about getting braces for months. She wasn't quite as excited when she felt the pain that comes along with braces. However, she will most definitely love her straight teeth.
Emmie and her crew were off to middle school this year. These girls have had pictures taken together since kindergarten. Its so crazy that I don't have anyone in elementary school anymore. I somehow feel both happy and sad about it at the same time. 

Emmie was nervous about finding her locker and classes, as I'm sure most 6th graders are. We spent lots of time at the school walking her schedule and unlocking her locker. She was well prepared by the first day of school!


Owen officially joined the cross country team. He was super excited about his uniform! He laughed when he realized that his underwear was longer than his cross country shorts. Classy!



That mass of kids is just the JV boys!

Owen had a rough start for his first race of the season. There were SO MANY BOYS! he got caught in a group of boys and hit someone's foot and rolled his ankle and fell right at the beginning of the race. But he powered through and finished. He's one tough kid. His time was nothing to brag about by boys cross country's standards, however it was faster than I ever have/or will run a 5k and he did it with a rolled ankle!


August also brought with it a shower door for mine and John's bathroom. Finally!


And a finished photo of the kitchen...a blank slate ready for some decorations.

First day of school 2021. 

Ainsley: Senior (WHAT?!?!?)
Owen: Sophomore
Emmie: 6th Grade


Ainsley and I met up nearly every day for lunch during August. Leo got a walk and Ains and I got a nice visit during the school day. We were looking for good spots to meet and met at a park one day where pets weren't allowed for 3 months of the year. The city was kind enough to inform the public of this with ill-placed and hidden signage. And I missed the sign. Un-lucky for me, there was a cranky and horrible citation officer working that day, who sited me a ticket for not having Leo licensed (which I didn't know was even a thing). I was super irritated. She was clearly bored and wanted to make everyone else as miserable as she was. Even though I was more than polite and explained that I was not familiar with that law and would immediately take care of it she insisted on writing me the ticket. She took my name and information without requiring me to get my ID (she was too impatient to wait for me to get my license from my car) and I'm certain that I could make her life miserable if I reported her for that. Anyways...After a trip to the court house and John making a phone call the case was dismissed. I am no longer a criminal. 

And I should also note that the vet who I took Leo to for his license laughed when she saw him. Her exact words were..."This is the dog that got a citation?! My dog isn't even licensed. That lady must have been having a bad day." I still get irritated when I think about the whole situation.



No comments: