Wednesday, September 14, 2022

March 2022


Highlights from March...

I was invited to a surprise birthday party for my Step Grandma Bonnie the first weekend in March. She was turning 90 years old. I drove down to Twin Falls with my mom and we had lunch with Bonnie and her daughters, granddaughters, and a few of my cousins and aunts. Bonnie is just one of those people that is so easy to love because she is so loving. She is thoughtful and kind and is so good and making you feel like you are the most important person in the world when you are with her. I regret not spending time to get to know my grandmothers as who they were as women, and maybe in a way I'm trying to make up for that in working on having a relationship with Bonnie. But as I've gotten to know her better, I've learned that if I can make other people feel about themselves like Bonnie makes me feel when I'm around her then I will have lived a wonderful and successful like. I wish that came more naturally to me...but I'll keep trying. I was so impressed with all of the wonderful things everyone had to say about her. It made me realize that truly the most important things in this life are the relationships we have with other people and how we make others feel when they are around us.



And now....moving on with the rest of the month.....
I was an awesome mom and made this amazing rainbow for St. Patrick's Day. Go me!

Emmie continued with her art lessons. She is really talented. 


We had a fun youth activity involving the kids blindly feeding each other. And Ainsley got to feed Emmie. She did a great job!



The weather warmed up slightly and Leo was able to enjoy his favorite warming spot in the yard.


I finished my bedroom and got new bedding. Pretty exciting stuff...


Ainsley had her last recital with Music Center Studios. Oddly enough, she spent every other night that week working as a teacher helping her students, but on this night she go to awkwardly stand up and get her picture taken with the students. But the nice part about being the oldest is that you sound amazing. Ainsley's song was beautiful and she did a great job!




We celebrated Johns birthday...with an okay-ish cake. I definitely didn't knock it out of the park with this one. Sorry John.


The most fun news of the month is that Emmie finally got to go on her trip to Disneyland with my parents during Spring Break. And luckily for Ainsley, Emmie doesn't have a cousin her age so she got to chose someone to go with her....and she chose Ains. I wasn't there, but based on the pictures they had a great time.














And while the girls were partying in LA, Owen and I hopped in the car and made the long drive to Denver. 

We helped Kort and Dan build some privacy walls in their new back yard.


We went on a hike Which will forever be known as #stupidhike...courtesy of Bailey.


We tried out Top Golf...Owen and I are fans.



And we played some pickle ball.



We also spent time in their new hot tub, watched movies, and relaxed. It was a nice little visit and got us out of the house for spring break. And sadly, John stayed home and worked. But I don't feel too badly for him because he has had several Mormon History trips this year.

Owen and I also got to stop for a visit to see my grandpa and Bonnie on the way home. It was a nice visit but it was hard to see my grandpa so frail and he was having a hard time remembering. He had lost about 30 pounds and was so thin. He was fun to talk to and told us about when he ran track. He loved the high jump and long distance runs. He told Owen that he wanted to come watch one of his track meets. It was sweet of him to say that, but I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen. He also had a hard time remembering Owen's name, so he told Owen that if they bumped into each other on the street he'd have to remind him who he was. I will miss my grandpa's funny sense of humor.

No comments: