Monday, October 31, 2022

July 2022

As soon as we got home from the Dinger Family Reunion we dove right into the 4th of July. Leo was happy to be back at my parents...he really likes it there. And we like that my parents will watch him for us when we go out of town. 

It was our smallest 4th of July gathering ever...kind of sad! But we tried to make it fun. We still had the traditional breakfast and swimming, my parents got some fun games for the pool, we made fancy snow cones, played games, and had a bbq that night. We made the mistake of being lazy and agreeing to go watch fireworks at the Markus's (my parents neighbors and family friends). It was super awkward, and luckily the only lame part of the day. Next year we will do better. 



The weekend after the 4th I took Owen and Emmie and Elsie up to the Flake's cabin. Brooke invited us along with some other friends, and it was great. The kids spent hours and hours out on the water, and I enjoyed being at the lake and hanging out with friends. Being at the lake is probably my favorite summer activity. And it didn't hurt that Brooke's cabin was gorgeous. 



Then, mid July, Heather flew to San Diego with me for a little adventure. Heather is a saint. I needed someone to fly down to San Diego with me to buy an old car from Syd and Cy (their old Toyota Scion that Kort and I drove across the country years ago and that Ains and I drove all around New England when I took her there.) and then drive it back to Idaho with me. We spent a few days in San Diego before heading home. We were able to take some walks on the cliffs at Point Loma, and go to the beach to hunt for Sand Dollars, and we even got to go to Sea World!   We also got to help Syd and Cy pack, since they were literally leaving for their move to Michigan days after we left their house. 







Heather was great company, I we talked for the entire time. It was nice, I don't even remember what we talked about, but somehow we managed to visit for 5 days straight!

Syd and Cy stopped in Boise on their drive to Michigan so we got to see then for a few days. We went to Quinn's pond for some swimming and Kayaking, hiked table rock, and spent lots of time at my parents pool. It was a quick visit but nice to see them in Boise for a bit. 


 

No comments: