Tuesday, November 8, 2022

September 2022

September brought with it time for us all to adjust to a new normal. Did I obsessively check find my Iphone to see where Ainsley was and guess as to what she was doing? Definitely. And did I get super excited when she called almost every day on her walk home from campus? Absolutely! 

Owen was excited about the changes in store for him with Ainsley being out of the house. He didn't waste a second and moved himself into Ainsley's old bedroom and bathroom downstairs before I was even home from dropping her off. This left a bit of a mess upstairs for me . I needed to organize Ainsley's old things and create myself an office so I didn't have to teach out of my bedroom anymore. It worked well, except for the fact that I also wanted Leo's crate to be in there so he didn't take up space in the living room anymore. It was a little too tight.There was furniture everywhere. It was okay for the time being, but there was work to be done to make a space for Ainsley to live when she came home.


Meanwhile, Ainsley was off doing all of the fun freshman things with her roommates. She was having a blast and I couldn't have been happier about it.




Owen finally got his braces off!!! He was a late bloomer and got his braces on in the 8th grade. Covid slowed down his progress a bit and so finally, at the beginning of his Junior year the braces came off. 


Owen also continued to run and run and run. He managed to avoid shin splints and fractures this season, which was awesome. His times were usually around 21-22 minutes. Which is super fast to me, but kept him in the bottom half of boys JV. But I love that this never phased Owen at all. He truly just does cross country because he loves to run and he likes to push himself. 



Last spring we bought garden surplus from a family in our ward at the YW auction. It was so awesome! This was one of the last deliveries we got. We used produce and herbs that we had never even tried before, and it motivated me to want to be a little more diligent and creative with what I plant in our little grow boxes next year.


John's dad has 6 season tickets for the BYU games. We've always wanted to get down for games in the past, but having a student there was a strong motivator to get us there this year! The weekend we had planned to go to the game John's parents were out of town, so we weren't able to see them, but we got to see Ains which was awesome.

We drove down on Friday night and I woke up early on Saturday morning and drove down to pick Ainsley up. We hung out at Steve and Alene's for a bit and then went to IKEA to do some shopping. Then we headed to Provo. We ate at In 'N Out, walked around campus, went bowling, took Owen and Emmie to see where Ains was living, went to Macy's for Kong Cones, and then rested on campus a bit before the game. We were tired! Ainsley had tickets in the student section and we were sitting in Steve's seats. We got into the stadium, bought some food, and then Owen left to go sit with Ainsley and Colin and their friends. 


Ains and Owen are sitting at the bottom of the arrow. 


I have to say, BYU puts on quite the show during their games. They kept Emmie and I entertained the whole time! There were paragliders, flame throwers, flags, fireworks, music, the band, and on and on and on. It was a blast!




We said goodbye to Ains that night after the game and drove back to Boise the next day. It was sad to say goodbye, but so good to see her doing so well. 

 

No comments: