Wednesday, December 14, 2022

November 2022


We had a cold start to November, that coincided with a wet and muddy and windy soccer tournament. The tournament was local so we were able to come home in between games to warm up....but boy did we freeze while we were out on the field!  Emmie seemed to have a lot of fun. I would have just been miserable, so I'm proud of her for getting out there and having fun!  


We also made Leo his Harry Potter bed in the office/Ainsley's bedroom. I think it turned out great. And now we don't have a huge dog crate taking up space in our house and I can just close the closet and not even know it's there. I think I appreciate this more than anyone else. Except maybe Leo, he seems to like being upstairs with most of the family. 


On a random note...Kort sent me this picture from the day she went to Disneyland. By herself. 


Emmie hasn't had a birthday party with friends for years. So this year we decided to throw her one. We made invitations and she had 8 of her friends over for her party. I'm so sad that I didn't think to take a picture of the group!  We had pizza and then headed over tot he village for a photo scavenger hunt. The girls came home and we looked at all of the pictures they took. Then we played the saran wrap game. I spent about $60 on some fun prizes to wrap up in the saran wrap ball. We had face masks, necklaces, rings, candy, nail polish, lotion, body wash, loofahs, hair clips, and all sorts of prizes. After the girls were finished getting their prizes we opened gifts and had dessert and then played some more games. I think everyone had a great time and I got to see that Emmie has some really nice friends. 




(Emmie trying out the wax stamp kit one of her friends gave her.)





Ainsley and her roommates signed up to participate in natural disaster day. The art department does costume makeup for all the students participating and then the medical students have to rescue and treat all of the "injured" students. Ainsley was a burn victim. Her make-up artist went all out!



Emmie also made this folded page art with an old book. Apparently it's a thing at her middle school. I can't think of a better trend for middle schoolers.


Owen had his end of year banquet for cross country. The kids got to have treats, watch a video of pictures from the season, and get awards. Owen got an award for his grades and for participation. Cross country is not an easy sport. I'm so impressed with how diligent Owen has been with it. He works so hard!



And then Thanksgiving came. Which I also have no pictures of. I am so lame! Ainsley came home on Tuesday and spent the week with us. We went shopping and baked pies and watched movies. On Thanksgiving we went to my parents for dinner and then listened to all of my grandpa's old records on my dad's new record player. He had so many records! I especially loved the Christmas records. 

We also got our Christmas decorations up so that Ainsley could help us decorate the tree before she left. But what I'm most proud of is the chalk lettering that I did on this sign. Far from perfect but I greatly surpassed my own expectations!



And our month ended with Ainsley driving back to Provo with Olivia Demars and her husband and then we had to all go back to work and school. Boo.

 

1 comment:

KT said...

Jess, I got all got caught up on your blog last night and it was so fun to "catch up" with you!! I have a lot to say, but I'll try to keep it brief. Love your house remodel. Everything looks so great!! So happy to hear that Ainsley is thriving at BYU. Brings back such good memories of our time there. I love your advent calendar idea, ha ha. I think I will steal it for next year! :) And I am SO happy about your Master's program! Super excited to hear updates. I remember last time we talked we discussed things you were thinking about doing, and I am so impressed you are moving forward with this. Excited to hear how everything goes. So glad you are posting regularly! I will follow along!! :)