Wednesday, June 7, 2023

May 2023

May was the end of track season for Owen. He competed at the JV districts and got another PR on his mile, 5:38. He is hoping that track will help him achieve his ultimate goal of lettering in cross country. He'll have to run a 5k in under 19 minutes to do that, so hopefully all of his hard work will pay off!


I got to go with Owen to his track end of year dinner. Where he was nice enough to let me get this candid photo of him while we were walking out of the building. 



A cold wet May has meant that we have had thick, luscious grass that refuses to slow down. It needed mowed so badly that I attempted to beat a rain storm...Things didn't go too well for me...

We also discovered that a bird had made a nest in my wreath on our front door. Sadly the eggs kept falling out when we would us the door. And after several days of watching we realized that the nest had been abandoned. So my wreath, the eggs, and the nest, had to get put in the trash. 


I was called to jury duty. I had to go to the court house to report for jury duty on the same day as closing statements for the Lori Vallow trial. There were reporters everywhere and a line to get into the courthouse. Family members of the victims were at the courthouse were there passing out remembrance tokens. I was given this bracelet while I waited in line to get inside. 
I finally got inside was there for an hour, until the jurors were called to the court room. As soon as we sat down the judge immediately called my number and informed me that I was dismissed from my service. I think everyone must have wondered why in the world I got kicked out of the court room so quickly. Maybe they thought I was a felon?


Emmie also competed in a local soccer tournament this month. They played so well together and ended up taking second! They even played this intense, violent, potty mouth team from Idaho Falls and handled it like champs. I've never seen little girls swear at parents, fight against members of their own team, and slide tackle in soccer....but it all happened during that game! 





Emmie also got to go to the middle school districts track meet. Every school gets to send their top 3 runners for each event. She competed in the 400, the 4x400, and ran the 200 in the medley relay. She consistently runs the 400 in 1:11-1:12 every time. She's incredibly consistent, but she's also wanting to break that time barrier. She placed 24th in the 400, but that time got her 8th in her school's record book for that race. Her medley team was disqualified when her teammate stepped out of their lane, and their 4x400 team did well but didn't place. And ultimately I think she was just thrilled to be there. 



I got to spend some time with Brooke before the school year ended. And I always love spending time with her. 


And another side note about Emmie. There was a competition for chosing a design for this years band shirt. This is what she created and her design won!














And since I haven't mentioned much about Ainsley, I'll give an update on her and try to remember to take some pictures! Ains has been working at Sierra Trading Post and subbing a bit for piano. She also signed up for an institute class with her cousin Maddie. It is a bonus for Ains because she can transfer it and use it as 2 of her religion credits at BYU. She also got a job cleaning neighborhood pool bathrooms and pool areas. She will have 3 pools she will clean every Monday morning, and then she can sub for other pools to make some extra cash as well. Other than that she has just been helping me in the yard and spending lots of time relaxing at home.

 

No comments: