Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A trip down south.

Last weekend our kids had a four day weekend. So we headed down south, to Utah, to spend a few days with John's family.
The kids did surprisingly well in the car. I'll attribute their good behavior to Emmie's forward facing car seat, her binky tied to her car seat, a portable DVD player, mp3 player, Ipod, several bathroom breaks, and a long stop in Burley (1 1/2 hour stop on the way there!)

John took the kids to a BYU game with his dad. Where no actual pictures were taken.
We made a stop at our beloved IKEA. And now the Christmas shopping has officially begun. Somehow I'm worried that I won't be done in time this year. Is that weird?
We went to the 'This is the Place' pioneer village. The kids had a lot of fun. It was a really cute set up. They got to do all sorts of fun pioneer things. Farming...


Petting goats.....(nothing says pioneers like small goats)



Horse riding....

Shaving....

(Owen was so cute during his shave. He was really nervous. And the barber was in full pioneer mode and using very authentic language. I don't think Owen understood a word he said.)

Panning for gold....

Trading in their gold for candy at the bank...

(Maybe the pioneers would have faced less hardship had they traded their gold for money instead of tootsie rolls)

And John took pics of his sister's cute family. I think the best part of the picture is that the stuffed puppy (Aussie 2 was in every shot:)

I also got to hang out with a bunch of my old roommates. My favorite year of college included all of these girls. We were the girls of Riviera #101. We are only missing Bria who wasn't invited/couldn't make it because she lives in New Mexico. It was so fun to catch up with them. Seriously, I have the best memories with these girls and still consider each of them good friends. The kind of friends you can not see for years but when you see them it's like you never lost touch and can pick up right where you left off.
We had a lot of fun with John's family. There was lots of playing with cousins and talking late at night. The only bad part was that John's mom got really sick on Friday and so we didn't get to hang out with her much. Turns out she had a kidney infection so we didn't have to treat her like she had the plague after all. Luckily we'll get to see her again soon.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

I've never even heard of that place. It looks like a lot of fun. You have such happy kids. I love the picture of all of your kids by the scarecrow.

EJ said...

Emmie's hand on your leg in that last picture is so cute! My mom and I were talking about how cute her laugh is today. I loved when Owen got shaved; he was hilarious and so nervous!

Heather I. said...

Oh my gosh, it's so neat to see you all together. Wow, I really need to get caught up on everyone! Fun times and memories :)