Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Farewell to a Friend

There will be no more pictures like these.

As of yesterday Emmie is binky free.

She had one fluke night of crying where I went in to check on her and she had thrown her binky out of her crib. So I decided that if she could do it once she could do it again. And so right then and there I got rid of the binkies. At midnight. She has has successfully fallen asleep on her own now with out crying 3 times. I don't want to jinx myself, but this may have been the easiest binky withdrawal ever.
And while it will be nice not to be tied to a binky anymore, (especially the annoying green kind that couldn't attach to anything and rolled across floors like nothing I've ever seen before) I'm a little sad that Emmie is growing up. I'll miss seeing her hold it with her pointer finger stuck all the way up the back. And I'll miss the games she played with it. She always thought it was hilarious when she would bite hard on her binky and we would pull it out of her mouth.
I won't miss looking for the binky, and having to know where it is at all times however.
And so we say good-bye to Emmie's best friend. Her green binky.

5 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I have a love hate relationship with binkies. Mostly a hate relationship. Ash never took one. Cohen was really attached to his for a while, but he hasn't touched one for like two months now. One day he didn't take it at all, so I decided if he could go one day, he didn't need it anymore and he hasn't. Emmie did look really cute with hers in her mouth, though.

Melanie said...

Jess, you're so smart to do this when Emmie is ONE and not when she's FOUR like I did with my kids. No wonder it was so hard for us!!!

shellydinger said...

That is my next hurdle - after potty training. Potty training sounded like an easier idea than taking Beckett's paci's away. I'm crossing my fingers, but I doubt he'll be as good as Emmie.

Anonymous said...

Your nicer than us. . . we take them away when baby is 8 - 9 months old! Glad it went so well for you!!

**KT

Ashlee said...

I hear ya - relief and sadness all rolled into one.