Wednesday, January 12, 2011

'Tis the Season

Every January, well every January since I've had kids, I seem to spend the entire month........shopping. Everything is on clearance, and I have Ainsley's birthday this month. And once I start I just can't seem to stop. When I can stock up on shirts, pants, shoes, and coats for next year for CHEAP there is just no holding back.

I've learned some tricks of the trade too. For example, I shop at Old Navy as soon as they mark down all of their winter stuff to clearance. This way I get the best selection. Then when they mark everything down to half off (which they do every year...except this year things are currently only marked down 40% off clearance prices) I go get a price adjustment. You can do this for 2 weeks. So you just have to be willing to watch the store and save your receipt. Tricks like this really seem to help since buying clothes for my family just seems to get more and more expensive. Especially for Ains. Why are big girl clothes so expensive?!

And so now, in an attempt to make myself feel better after my shopping binge, I decided to tally up what I got.

2 winter coats
1 pair of cute dress boots
2 pairs of shoes
2 sweaters
2 pairs of pants
1 pair of sweats
1 cute puffer vest
14 shirts
2 bibs
3 pairs of socks
1 maternity dress

All for less than $150. Which I think is pretty good. Especially since some of those clothes and shoes were for me!

FYI. I didn't notice it was maternity until I bought it, brought it home, and was showing it off to a friend. She noticed it said maternity on the label. After much deliberation, and some pep talks to myself, I decided that I can pull off the maternity dress! Mostly because it was only $7.50. And I really need church clothes. And I swear 2 people have now seen me in the dress and confirmed it doesn't look like maternity. And it's longer, usually dresses are too short for me. And it should fit great next year when my food baby returns. I may start shopping for maternity dresses more often.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Food baby... hahahahaha!!!!

SD and EJ said...

That's awesome! And I am in love with my maternity dress from Old Navy. It might be the only reason I have more children.

shellydinger said...

I miss real stores. And would you stop psyching me out about being pregnant, first the food baby and then the maternity dress! I will never skim your posts again - I will read every single word :)

Heather I. said...

I think you need to divulge more of your ways to get a good deal tricks!

Ashlee said...

Totally impressive. Especially since I imagine you take two kids out shopping with you. For me, that just takes the excitement out of it right there.