Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Christmas Wedding

We all trekked down to Vegas the day after Christmas for Syd and Cy's wedding. We traveled to Salt Lake on Monday. To Vegas on Tuesday for her endowment session. Went to the wedding, a luncheon, and a reception on Wednesday. Hung out with family. Traveled back to Salt Lake on Thursday (we were even on the road by 6:00 in the morning). Spent time with John's family there. And finally drove back to Boise Friday for the reception here. It was a whirlwind of a week, and my children now have issues with getting in the car, but it was well worth it!
And even though we look all smiles, we were TIRED!!! (And possibly a little grumpy...I may or may not have been as grumpy as the kids.) The week was great and we loved being with Syd and Cy, but it was exhausting. I'm still tired.Favorite moment of the week:
The night before the wedding we were staying at my cousin Tiffani's house. Emmie woke up crying in the middle of the night. I woke up and couldn't figure out where I was so I woke up John and sent him after her. Apparently John didn't know where we were either. He hopped out of bed and wandered into the closet. I heard hangers rattling and confusion. By this point I had gained by bearings and started calling out, "To the right! To the right?" What made this even more funny was that the next morning I didn't even remember it. Later in the afternoon John reminded me, and I still chuckle every time I think about it.
(As a side note, there are little to no pictures of John because he was the photographer. So for the record, he was there, he was just getting awesome pictures.)

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

I have been thinking about you so much! I new it was going to be a crazy week for you. You look beautiful in that picture with Emmie, and James and I had such a good laugh about John getting lost in the closet.

SD and EJ said...

That reception looks beautiful! I can't believe it's in a church. I would have been super grumpy too, after that week.

lisa said...

Your sisters dress and the way the reception was decorated are both beautiful! Glad you survived your road trip :) so...what I want to know is did john ever find emmie to help her in the night?!? ha ha

Sheri said...

You look like one hot mama there! We had a wedding in Vegas too, but I would have preferred the temple to the themed chapel my sister got married in ;)