Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sunday Walk

We recently went on a little family walk.  We had stake conference and so we were out of church at noon and needed something to do  Why we bother going to stake conference is still a mystery to me....but that's a whole other post).  It sounded lovely in my mind.  A nice walk down the Eagle bike/walking path.  So we called some friends and off we went. 

Emmie was lucky enough to have her first outdoor bathroom experience.  I had a debate in my head about whether to let her drip dry or wipe with a leaf.  If you were wondering I opted not to use a leaf because with my luck I would have chosen a poisonous one.

John and Ains worked on their photo skills.

It really was a nice little outing.

But also one of those outings where there is whining and crying and you realize that sometimes things are much nicer in your head than in actual practice. 

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I always know Ash had a good time if whatever we're doing ends in tears (and not because she's sad we're done, but because someone hurts her feelings or something lame like that).

I'm impressed that Emmie would go to the bathroom outside. Ash flipped when I tried to make her do that.

shellydinger said...

I wanted to chime in and say bravo to Emmie. I don't think I could ever convince Hailey to do it.

And at least you went. I opt to be boring and stay at home because I know most idyllic outings are usually more work than I want to deal with.