Monday, November 12, 2012

Emmie's 3rd!

Emmie celebrated her 3rd birthday on Friday.  She is officially all grown up.  I tried to interview her.  I only got silliness.  But I can officially confirm that her favorite color is "sparkly." 
 
She lucked out this year and scored 3 days of birthday celebrations.  Appropriate I suppose since she turned three.  However if we continued the tradition I would get a full month of parties this year, and thats just a bit excessive I think!
 
On Thursday we did a mini-party with my family.  Michael and Rachelle happened to be in town and so the whole Welch clan (minus my parents because they are bums and left for Hawaii) gathered at our house for dinner and cupcakes.  And a couple of presents.
 
On Friday, her actual birthay, I invited the little girls in Emmie's weekly playgroup over for a playdate and cupcakes.  The girls were all so cute.  I've seriously never seen a group of 3 year olds get along so well.  They actually play together and we rarely have issues.  They are adorable.  Emmie was super excited to have her friends come over.

We had Susanna, Molly, and Elsie.  Emmie was actully a stinker that morning.  She only talked in baby talks and grunts.  It was kind of sad that the first time she was a stinker with her friends was on her birthday...but, what do ya do?
 On the afternoon of Emmie's b-day it even snowed a little.  And by a little, I mean a teeny, tiny bit.  As demonstrated by this picture.
That night we ate Emmie's dinner of choice.  Pizza, broccli with ranch, cupcakes, and ice cream.  We rented a movie and had a laid back night at home.  It was nice.

On Saturday the birthday festivities continued!  John's parents were in town to be apart of John's brother Dan being called as a bishop.  So we quickly took over the day and made it about our child :)  Everyone came over for dinner and more presents and more cake and more ice cream.  Emmie insisted that John take a picture of her with each and every one of her presents.  How cute is that?!  Good thing there weren't that many!

 I'm including these pictures just because John got some of the adults and none of us look very happy.  I'm not sure who is the recipient of my nasty glare, but I apologize whoever you are. I forgive you.
Dan and Paige don't look super happy either. 
The only one semi-happy is Steve. But I must admit his smile looks a bit fecicous.
After an acoustically amazing round of Happy Birthday we had the last of our cupcakes...
 And then the older children promptly took over the birthday girl's new toys. 
But we'll forgive them, because let's face it, the drawing is awesome.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

That is a pretty awesome drawing. I loved all the pictures. Emmie is growing up to be just a beautiful as her sister. And I would definitely not want to be on the other side of your dirty looks. Are your kids immune to them yet? :)

shellydinger said...

One more thing: Hurray for Cupcakes in ice cream cones! That is fantastic!

Melanie said...

"Acoustically amazing"... you're hilarious!