Thursday, January 24, 2013

A confession...

I have recently had 2 incidents that prove that I am a crazy mom driver.  I have actually hit 2 cars in the past 6 weeks.  Both of which I hit while driving in reverse.  It's embarrassing.

My first incident happened while I was picking Ainsley up from piano at my parents store.  I was backing out of a parking space and totally ran into a car and took off the front light.  The guy I hit worked for my parents.  It's still a little awkward when I go in there.  I had to pay $500 for a new light for his old 80's Chrysler. I wasn't too happy about it. The silver lining in the whole incident was that I was able to pay for the repair instead of using insurance.  And while my van was pretty scratched up on one side, an auto body shop worked on it for about 15 minutes and made it look almost like new and didn't charge me a thing!  You can bet they got hot Krispy Kreme's the next day!

Incident #2 occurred while picking up Ainsley from a birthday party.  It happened on the evening of the kids recent snow day.  I was once again going in reverse and totally hit a car.  This time it was my bishop's new Prius.  Lucky for me I only had to replace the plastic piece that holds on the license plate.  Guess how much those tiny pieces of plastic are?  Roughly $70!  Can you believe it!? 

John's only request is that I start looking behind me when I go in reverse.  It's not bad advice.

While I am willing to make a confession I am not willing to share the pictures pictures.

2 comments:

KT said...

I once hit a parked car. A BMW. My friends. Oh ya, that happened.

SD and EJ said...

I probably shouldn't laugh at this post, but I totally did. Although, the $500 is not funny at all. So sorry!