Sunday, July 14, 2013

McCall 2013

We made a summer bucket list and have been busy crossing things off of our list.  This week we worked diligently and were able to check off camping in the back yard, floating the Boise River, making homemade ice cream, and a day trip to McCall.  I didn't dare take our camera on the river when we floated it for fear it would get ruined.  And it's a good thing I didn't because we got soaked, but we all had fun.  The kids camped in the back yard with their cousins and we made dutch oven cobbler and ice cream with all the kids.  We were busy!  And on Saturday we headed up to McCall with my parents and Kort and Dan's family.

We started the morning with some canoeing.  We drove to the far side of Payette lake and rented canoes that you can paddle up river for up to 7 miles of calm water.  It ended up being me and John's favorite part of the day.  We were out on our boats for 2 hours.  We were able to stop and play in the water...everyone was brave enough to take a dip in the COLD river water. The water and the scenery were great. 

Then we headed to the beach for some fun. The kids played in the sand and water for hours.  When we all realized we were starving we cleaned up and headed to The Pancake House for dinner.  Most people are tricked into thinking it's just a good breakfast place.  But in my opinion a pancake is a pancake. So while the kids enjoyed their HUGE plate sized pancakes and huckleberry syrup I enjoyed my battered fries and burger on a homemade bun!  We drove home full and happy.  I love our little get-aways to McCall.  It was a perfect day.  I only wish I would have taken more pictures!








1 comment:

Sydney Okazaki said...

I gotta ask, even though it might be a bit late: did Kort go canoeing? And how did it go if she did? :-)