Monday, August 3, 2015

Imagine Dragons

John took the kids to their first concert on Saturday.  We bought the tickets a while ago and I laughed when Owen asked which song the band was going to play.  He was thrilled when he learned they would play like 20 songs. At that point he determined that he was going to learn all of Imagine Dragon's songs.  And I think he may have done it.  He carried around his ipod in his pocked nearly all the time listening to their songs.  Needless to say when the time finally arrived he was a little more than excited to go.

And as luck would have it they ended up being only a few rows away from their good friends!  Lucky kids!
The report I got that night (from all 3 concert attendees) was that the concert was amazing!  And literally the best one they had ever been to.  Which wasn't saying much for Owen and Ains but it was for John!  They couldn't stop talking about it!  I was glad they loved it.  And maybe next year I'll find a sitter for Emmie and join them!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Alright. I am convinced that I need to listen to this bands music. I feel like the only person I know who didn't attend. Glad they had so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

I'm am so jealous!!!!! I started listening to this band when Russ colored one of their music videos for them. We all love this music. Especially my kids. They know tons of the words. Callie loves to request "I'm so sorry" and "friction" and "Polaroid" especially. Kind of funny to see your three-year old singing along to songs like that. Also funny to listen to what she thinks they are saying ;) wish I hadn't been too cheap to go to the concert. Check out their videos "demons" and "gold" on YouTube. Russ colored both of them :)

Melanie said...

Sounds like the concert was fun... but I just can't wait for some posts about your cross-country trip!!! :)