Thursday, October 15, 2015

Family 5K

In May I happened upon some information about a family 5K that would take place in the fall.  They ran a special one day where kids could sign up for free with their parents.  I decided that my family needed to do this.  We were going to train and get healthy and become runners.  Not only that, I invited my sisters family to run with us, and my mom to walk the race with Emmie.  This was going to be a big family affair.  We were all in good spirits with 4 months to train and prepare for the race.

But the whole training thing didn't really happen.  A few times we went hiking or running as a family. The kids hated it and whined and complained the whole time.

And then the race day came.  A little more quickly than we had expected.  And on the 5th day of my week of prescribed shingles meds. And a week and only 5 days before I was going on my cross country trip.  Had I known how stressful and busy the summer and fall would be I probably wouldn't have signed up.

But, ready or not, we picked up our shirts and race packets on the 24th and went to bed early to get ready for our race the next morning.  The weather was gorgeous.  There was quite a crowd, and I actually loved the route we ran.

Others did not.  Some people thought they were going to die.  But they didn't!  Everyone lived!  Unfortunately no one wants to run another race with me though...

I love this picture of Owen!  He looks so determined!






No comments: