Friday, January 25, 2019

January 19, 2019

Owen had his first race up at Bogus this last Saturday.  Owen and Emmie and I went up skiing with Heather, Elsie, Clara, and Isaac.  Clara and Owen both raced in the middle school beginner division.  Owen placed 4th!  He shaved a full 20 seconds off his time from last year and it’s most likely that they’ll make him move up to the intermediate course. After a slow start to the day on the mountain with searching for kids and waiting for races, we had a great afternoon skiing.  Conditions were pretty good and it was a warm sunny day.  And I am officially the slowest skier in my family. (If you don’t count Ainsley…who hates skiing…so I don’t think she counts.

Ainsley’s big news of the week is that she invited her friends over!  All on her own accord!  I have no words.  It was fun being able to meet her friends! We learned that her friend Reagan talks a lot.  Which helps me to understand why this group of three works.  Hallie and Ainsley are introverts who rarely talk.  Which works well for Reagan.  He can talk all the time and fill all the silent gaps and everyone is happy!  They played games on the switch and then went to the stake dance on Saturday.  I’m always so happy when Ainsley gets out of her comfort zone a bit and experiences the social aspect of high school.  And on the other hand I’m also grateful that she seems to be okay with herself and is fine with the introvert that she is. If she can conquer some of her fears as she grows older she’ll be unstoppable.

Ains and Owen are both in the middle of finals right now.  It’s so funny to watch their different personalities. Ainsley has a high A in every class and is stressed and spending tons of time studying even though she could fail every test and still have a 4.0.  Owen, on the other hand, really wants a 4.0, and is confident he’ll be able to pull it off with little to no studying even though all of his grades sit almost exactly at 90%.  I hope he pulls it off!  I don’t understand how he’s not worried at all!?

We’ve had 2 weeks of 2 hour church.  I’m a fan!  The church block flies by!  I hardly feel needed in primary.  (That part makes me feel a little sad though honestly.) We are home by 11:15.  We do a little dinner prep.  Have our lesson as a family (so far they’ve been lasting about 45 minutes) and then we have long relaxing day!  I absolutely love feeling like Sunday is actually a day of rest now.

And with that, I guess that will have to do until my next update!







No comments: