Sunday, January 24, 2021

January 2020 Recap

I found this list waiting for me. It appears to be a list of things I wanted to remember to write about when I sat down to update the blog.  However, here we are a year later and I can't seem to remember what some of them mean, and I can't bring myself to delete my list.  So I'll just leave this here. With my thoughts in parenthesis...if I have any thoughts. 

Family/youth goals 
(We sat down in January and made goals with the kids to go along with the new youth program. I had just been called to be a primary activity leader with my friend Heather and we were lucky enough to be over our daughters' group! I loved being able to have Emmie in my group for a year. If I recall, Owen set a running goal and a goal to get a 4.0, Ainlsey set a goal to try a variety of workout classes at the gym, read a book in french, read the Book of Mormon, I set a goal to print my blog, read the Book of Mormon, reach out to friends old and new and have in person conversations, and...sadly the rest I can't remember. I know that we all accomplished some of our goals...but not all. This year threw us a curveball!

First volleyball game 
(I think this was referring to the fact that I joined a women's vollyeball league with some friends. We had a blast! We also lost every game.)

Birthday shopping/birthday plans 
(I think this was in reference to Ainsley's birthday. We spent the weenend before we went to Salt Lake shopping for her birthday. I always like shopping with Ainsley. She found a lot of really cute clothes and shoes for her birthday, and I got the pleasure of spending the day with her. My only complaint about shopping with Ainsley is that she might be even more indecisive than me!)

Test retakes...ains 
(I have NO idea what this is about, or why I would have written it down. But while we're on the topic of Ainsley and tests, she did take the ACT this year. For the first time. Without studying. and she got a 33! She's amazing.)

Owen skiing 
(I'm assuming this had something to do with Owen and ski team last year. He has become quite the skier. Last year toward the end of the season he could get himself down any double black diamond and clocked his speed down one run (Paradise at Bogus Basin)at over 50 MPH! Thank goodness he wears a helmet!)

Church at 10:30 
(Clearly I was excited about 10:30 church.  Too bad we only got to enjoy it for 3 months!)

Garage broke...money worries/blessings 
(I don't even remember the garage door breaking. Which makes me realize that often times things that might seem stressful or inconvenient at the time in hindsight are really not worth the worry. I wonder if I felt blessed that we had the means to take care of it and so it wasn't stressful.  We may never know.)

Johns tooth fixed 
(John broke a tooth on a frozen chocolate chip cookie. He may never eat a frozen cookie again. Which is sad for him because there is nothing better than an under-baked frozen chocolate chip cookie. And the benefit of him getting into the dentist to repair his broken tooth is that he set a future appointment to take care of some other dental work that he needed done.  That man avoids the dentist like the plague.)

Owen ordained a teacher and set apart as 1st counselor 
(We got to be with Owen when he was ordained a teacher. And ironically he was just called as president of the teachers quorum last Sunday.)

Owen Pep band 
(Owen was able to be a part of the High School pep band for a basketball game. The Lewis and Clark and Lowell Scott bands were welcomed by Centennial in an attempt to get kids excited about the band program. I think Owen had fun, although it didn't convince him that he wanted to do band in high school.)

Owen has it under control...somehow pulled off an A in his honors math class 
(Owen's grades cause me a lot of stress. He tends to start the semester off strong. Then his grade always falls to just below and A. Then he spends the rest of the semester trying to pull his grade back up to an A. Somehow he keeps managing to do it! But it stresses me out! Why not just stay at an A the entire semester if you're capable? These are questions I may never know the answer to.)

Emmie soccer and hockey with friends 
(Emmie is lucky enough to be apart of a soccer team that does fun team building activities year round. Last year they got together to play indoor hockey. During the summer they have lots of swim parties. And this winter they joined an indoor soccer league and some of the girls that ski spent a night skiing at Bogus together.)

Photo Recap: January/February 2020

Emmie on the mountain waiting for Owen to race
                                                                   Views from on top.
Primary Activity Group

Owen got braces.
 
Owen, John and I up at Bogus...again. Clearly that is the only time I think to get out my camera.


Ski day with friends. It was so sunny and warm that we all went home with sunburn beards.




Ainsley Young Women Recognition night. It was awesome. There was confetti, a Who's Who game (run by yours truly) and a funny and fun spotlight for each of the YW receiving their awards. It was put on by several of the mom's who's YW earned their medallions before the youth program change. 





No comments: