Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And now some words about this one...

Ainsley's Indian dictionary: (She made this with my sister while I was on vacation.) And I'm sure it had nothing to do with the little Indian skirts they made for a craft one day.
Pen-Giogiyo
Boy-Boilash
Water-Louve
Jet-Garange
Number-Jobiash
Halloween-Lashafice
Button-Pinos
Blanket-Aos
Book-Molashious
Necklace-Sedros
Snack-Watchboo
Clock-Abenios
Plate-Sinwon
Fridge-Griogga
Purse-Obutton
Fan-Bionostraws
Spooky-Gioso
Rock-Kabashoo
She 's very into making up words...as I'm sure many 4 year olds are.

John and the kids sat down and wrote out their Christmas lists while I was at work a week ago. It seems like John always has his Christmas list written by August, and he's encouraging the kids to do the same. I got a kick out of Ainsley's list...and John swears there was no encouragement from him.

1. Build a Bear

2. Mirror

3. Toothbrush (a play one)

4. Play sink (I'm not sure where to find one of those)

5. 5 pairs of new jeans (she must be anticipating the holes she will surely put in her jeans)

6. Tea party stuff

7. Missionary shirt with tag

8. Clown shirts/heart shirts

9. Books about worms and butterflies

10. Train stuff

11. Bath tub markers

12. Play flour that is mushy and soft
Ains is also showing signs of growing up. It's kind of sad. She now tells me that she is 4 and 4 year olds do not need to hold someones hand while walking in parking lots. I also walked in on her listening to Hannah Montana while playing in her room, something about watching her listen to that just made her seem so old.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had my own secret language when I was 7 or 8. My name was Mushaneefo. Very clever. I was also into alphabetic codes. I kept a recipe box full of notecards on which I had written various codes. I don't know if I ever really used them, but I sure spent a lot of time creating them!

SD and EJ said...

What does she want to do with a play toothbrush?

Brooke said...

This is so funny!!