Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A bit about this one...

You've just gotta love that face!
I haven't written much about Owen lately so I thought I would take a moment to jot down some of the 'highlights.' The past couple weeks Owen has become clingy and independent all at the same time. He wants to do everything by himself ("I do it!!!") and yet he has moments of clingy/cuddliness that he hasn't had for a long time. His independence reached new levels when I was cutting his hair the other day and he was fuming mad because I wouldn't let him do it himself.

He also has a new love for being naked. Unfortunately for us, this new love has been accompanied by the ability to take off his clothes by himself. We have a lot of afternoons where Owen is shirtless. In this picture he is hiding. He's starting to do this when he messes his diaper...could there be potting training in our near future? He loves to sit on the toilet but has yet to do anything productive.
Here is another example of Owen's self reliance. He is attempting to wash his hair with hair gel and hand soap. Lovely.

He is talking more and more (which is still not very much by Owen's standards), however I think I'm the only one who can understand him. For weeks Ains was 'Dee', while we were gone he started saying 'okay', but I still think my favorite is when I get greeted with one of his very excited, "Hello!" Owen's favorite word has to be candy, I have not met a kid who loves candy and treats more. The other night he refused to go to bed until he had his baggie of carmel popcorn with him. (I forgot to take it away after he went to sleep and woke up to him eating popcorn as he mosied into my room the next morning.) Halloween is sure to be a hit with this kid!

He is also decided that he is to mature for afternoon naps. I fought him for some time to try to convince him that he was still in need of a nap. But, with the freedom of a bed with no bars, came the end of nap time. Good bye naps, hello grumpy Owen. Good times!

5 comments:

Kohl said...

Liam was the same way with hiding to mess his diaper. He always went to the same spot so I started grabbing him when he went there and got him on the toilet. It is a pain to have to pay attention to where he is all the time, but it is paying off now!

Dinger said...

I love reading about Owen, he has grown up so much!! Don't you just love the toddler years???

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, Jess.

**KT

shellydinger said...

I still love the video of him saying "hello" so perfectly.

Val said...

Ha! He's so much like Ella. Must be a 2-year-old thing.