Friday, November 14, 2008

Sad but true


John and I are fans of TV on DVD. There's something magical about being able to watch a show continuously, for hours on end. It seems that we are always watching a season of something. Embarrassingly enough, lately that show has been Smallville.

My sister and her husband own the first 5 seasons and talked us into watching them. Last night we finished season 4. The funny part to me is that the whole time we are watching we are amazed at how lame and unbelievable and predictable the show is. John could be a writer for Smallville, he has an uncanny knack for predicting lines and scenarios. And yet, even though we are aware of the lameness, we are sucked in season after season.

Ahhhh, it feels so much better to have that out in the open!

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I've seen a few episodes of that show and it is pretty addicting. It seems like TV shows that are unbelievable and predictable are often the most addicting. I love TV on DVD!

Sheri said...

I used to watch Smallville when Derek was traveling - it's just fun easy watching. How will Clark save Lana next??? It starts getting weirder the longer you watch the show though.

Melanie said...

I love TV on DVD too! Have you tried 24?

mama donk aubri jo said...

i can relate i was an o.c. fan, maybe not as bad as smallville but bad ;)