Monday, March 23, 2009

31

Here is my super be-lated birthday post for John. On Saturday he turned the big 31! Lucky for him, he got to have his birthday on a Saturday this year...you just can't beat a Saturday birthday. Unlucky for him, I was having a super sick day. So instead of doing fun things all day he got to hang out with a nauseous wife, take care of the kids and do most of the prep work for his BBQ/party that night. He claims he still had a nice birthday, even though I kind of ruined it. I promised him a night out when I'm feeling better.

Here are some of the highlights from the big day.
I did go all out on his cake. He was recently given his first murder trial at work and has been pretty excited about it, so I depicted a murder scene on the side of his cake.
Complete with him at his desk, and a man behind bars. I'm pretty sure that once I submit these photo's to Ace of Cakes I'll be getting a call for employment and my family will be moving Maryland for me to fulfill my dream.
The kids got John a tee-ball set. You might think that this would be more of a gift for the kids, but John has such a desire for our children to be baseball stars that he has been wanting one of these for years. I guess if you think about it, it was really a gift that will eventually buy us early retirement when our children join the major leagues.
I got John some camera equipment. A tripod and a remote control to snap pictures. I assure you, John and the kids had hours of fun with the new equipment. John enjoyed finally being able to get self portraits. He also had fun taking pictures of himself with everyone at the party.
He got some great ones of the kids.
He got some nice close-ups of the food, even with a slow shutter speed, thanks to the use of his tripod. (Red meat, mostly Wendy's Jr. bacon cheeseburgers, have been my food of choice lately. So hamburger night was good for my tummy! I didn't go for the double though.)
My favorite moment of the night was when John gave Owen the remote and let him snap pictures of himself. I think we have at least 30 pictures of Owen. These were just a few of the ones that made me laugh.


This last one by far made me laugh the hardest.....I just can't seem to get over that leg in the air!

5 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Nice cake. I am sure you will have job offers from all over the country!

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, Steve says that lots of morning sickness usually results in a healthy baby.

SD and EJ said...

Happy birthday, John! I tried to call him, but he didn't answer. I think that cake is SO cool. And I totally sympathize with your morning sickness. Not fun.

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday, John!! Sounds like it was a good day in the end. Jess, keep working on the cake skills. ;) Just kidding, it looked great! And I can just imagine John's excitement about his murder trial.

Elizabeth said...

Can you make my next birthday cake? Or at least coach Russ through it? I'm glad you can eat hamburgers. I haven't had one since about September. For some reason, red meat (especially roast beef and hamburger) just aren't my thing. I think I may be getting closer with hamburger, but I don't know if I'll ever eat roast beef again...just had a memory of Bria's pot roast diet -- yeah, that would have killed me had I been pregnant then!