Friday, March 6, 2009

I promise...because

Owen has added 2 new phrases to his vocabulary, unfortunately he uses them incorrectly, but it makes me laugh.

Phrase 1: I promise. He really likes to use this one when he is in trouble. I think he thinks it means I will.

For example: The other day he was in trouble for dumping a bunch of beads on the ground. I told him he needed to pick them up. His very adamant reply was, "I promise!" It would be cuter if said in a nice tone like I promise is usually said. he says it like, "leave me alone mom and I'll do it." Not so cute, but really funny.
Phrase #2: Because. Okay, so this is actually a word, not a phrase, oh well. Owen likes to use the word because to answer any question he doesn't know the answer to.
For example: Where are your pants? Because. Or What are you doing in the kitchen? Because! Perfectly clear right!?

3 comments:

Sam and Bria said...

Hey Jess, I am so glad I found your blog address in my email from 2007. I always see you posting on Katies and Sheri's blogs and wonder what you are up to. Your family is really cute. :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Like mommy like son. I know someone else who uses words that don't fit just because they think them in their head. :)

The Marshall Family said...

I love little kiddos. Hayden's thing right now is "Worry about your name." When he is telling other people what to do I tell him "You just need to worry about Hayden." So, this is his adaptation of it to tell me just to worry about myself and not tell him what to do!