Monday, March 9, 2009

Some happenings....

We've been busy around these parts...so here's a bit of what's been goin' on. On top of all the regular stuff this week, you know, stuff like pres. meetings, young men's, preschool, dance, etc.

The week started busy because I had to get invitations made for a shower that will be at my house this Saturday. Luckily, I'm not the only one throwing the shower, so I just had to make the invitations and not deliver them all. I thought they turned out cute though! ( I didn't scribble on the actual invitations :)

Ainsley and I also had to prepare for the talks we had to give on Sunday. That's right, BOTH of us had to speak on the same Sunday! Not stressful for a mother at all. For some reason I really hate writing kids talks, but Ains sure does love giving them. She did a great job and had the whole thing pretty much memorized. Ains was given the topic of faith, mine was not so pleasant. I had to speak about food storage...seeing as how I am now the preparedness person in our ward. I think it went okay, but over the years I have become a talk reader. I've lost the ability to speak from my mind with just a few bullet points written down. So I just hope it wasn't too boring. No one has said it was...but who would walk up to someone and say, "Hey, you're talk sure was informative, but pretty boring!" I just talked about the food storage article in this month's Ensign...give it a read. Pretty informative!


I also had to go get pictures taken this week. They didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped.

I couldn't even see the little bean, just the flutter of the heart.

Yep, I'm pregnant. We're excited. I'm due October 30th. This is only slightly depressing....My due date should actually be Oct. 17th. But due to the measurements during the ultrasound they moved it back 2 weeks!!!! Who's ever heard of anything like that? So now I have to relive weeks 6 and 7 of pregnancy. Not. Fun. I'm just hoping that this will be a good thing and that if they are correcting my due date now I won't be obscenely late like I usually am. I've been pretty nauseous, but that's the way it goes I guess. I just have to eat every hour, and figure out what I can get down. That's not going to cause serious weight gain!

16 comments:

Aimee said...

I am so happy for you!!! I guess the "pushing back the due date" explains why last week you weren't sick. :)

So on Friday, will be 6 weeks prego??

Melanie said...

Jessica, congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!!!

Kimber said...

Congrats!! Your kids are too cute! I love the "I promise" phrase. Vance's is "I'm Happy!!"

SD and EJ said...

Congrats! I loved when Ains called me and told me. She seems very excited! Oct. 30th is EJ's birthday. Do you want a boy or a girl?

The Marshall Family said...

Yippie for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

A Halloween baby! Wow! I am happy for you! And you know they say that the measurements from the earliest ultrasound are the most accurate for giving you a due date.

Hope your feeling good! Keep on eating!!

**KT

Lisa-Marie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Very exciting. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sheri said...

Yeah, Jess!!! That is great and exciting news. I'm sorry you're in the sick stages. How are Ainsley and Owen reacting? That'll be fun to have another brother or sister for them. Cute family!!!

Kohl said...

Congrats Jess! I think Nov. 4th is a great day to be born! :) So maybe you can be a little late like my mom was with me! (Her due date was Halloween) Hope you aren't too sick. I hate the first three months the most. Congrats again!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats!! Yeah for 2009 babies!!

mama donk aubri jo said...

congrats!!! fun hot summer ahead :) hope the sickyness goes fast! I love Owne's new phrases so funny!

Colleen said...

congratulations! i am so happy and excited for you. i hope you feel better soon.

Arin Rohrbach said...

That's so exciting. Ella was born October 21 (Due November 15), and I was so excited because I always wanted a Halloween baby. It's funny but every single person I know right now is pregnant. People ask me if I'm baby hungry and I just laugh. My baby is 10 months old for heaven's sake. :)

Dinger said...

Hooray!!! When you came to our house a few weeks ago you had a pregnancy glow about you, I was almost positive then, but didn't dare ask. I am sooooo happy for you!!!

Ashlee said...

Congrats!!! I was just wondering a little while ago when the third one was going to roll around for you guys! Wahoo.

Val said...

Yea for little #3 on the way! I had a feeling you'd be getting pregnant soon! I still think it's funny we had to speak on the same Sunday.