Saturday, June 6, 2009

3 Events

We've had 3 things happen in the past 2 days and I have zero pictures. But I'll share anyways....

1........Ains can ride her bike completely by herself! She has struggled with starting and stopping by herself for a couple of weeks now and she learned on Thursday out of necessity. We were going to walk over to some friends house and ride bikes with them in their cul de sac. Owen was on his little bike too and I told her that I couldn't run beside her to help her start. She hopped on and figured it out on her second try! She is doing amazing and has been on several bike rides with John and I around the neighborhood!

2.......John and Owen went to their first father sons cam pout. And got rained out. They went up to Bruneau Sand dunes and toughed it out with a bunch of guys from our ward. They had hot dogs and climbed the dunes in the rain and then came home soaking wet and were in bed by 10:30. I think Owen was most excited about the fact that he had his own backpack to carry, and that he got to eat gummi worms. Maybe next year the weather will cooperate and they'll be able to stay over night.

3.......Ains and I had a girls night out while the boys were camping. I think Ains would have rather camped, but she got stuck doing girly things. We painted our nails and went to a girls party that was actually a farewell party for a friend moving out of town. There were supposed to be little girls there for Ains to play with and I felt a little bad for her when we got there and found out that her friends weren't coming over for a couple of hours. One of her friends mom at the party had ended up leaving her daughter at home with her husband, so they invited Ains to go over there and watch a movie with them. Ains chose to leave the party for a while and come back when her other friends were there. I ended up bringing her back to the party around 8:30, where we ate and ate (Ains had her first chocolate covered strawberry and about 5 brownies..that's my girl!) and hung out with friends. Ains played well with the little girls there and we didn't end up leaving until about 11:00. When we got home Ains insisted that we go ahead with the sleepover we had planned even though the boys were home. So we laid out pillows and blankets in the living room and turned on a movie. I think Ains finally conked out after midnight, and even though I was exhausted I watched the entire movie and didn't get to sleep until I moved to the comfort of my own bed at 3:00. Pregnant women shouldn't sleep on the couch. It was a fun night and worth it even if we are dealing with a very grumpy family today!

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Tell Ains that Ashlyn is excited to see her ride her bike and to stay in her room since we are coming to Boise for sure! Yeah!!

shellydinger said...

After such a full day, I have to know, what movie you were able to stay awake for so late?

Alene said...

Did John rmember going to the sand dunes on a father son outting when he was the son? The wind was blowing so hard that they couldn't even start a fire or a stove to cook dinner, so they ended up eating raw hot dogs (well, they are fully cooked when you buy them, but cold hot dogs--yuck). The the wind was blowing so hard that it blew the tent over and broke the tent poles. So they ended up coming home at about the same time Owen and John came home. Maybe the sand dunes are cursed for Dinger boys.

jessica said...

I'm embarrased to admit that I stayed awake for "The Inheritance", a feature films for families movie. It was good, but not that good.