Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bravery

We were invited to go to the Clocktower Pond yesterday with some friends. I was worried that my kids would be too scared to get in the water and we would just end up sitting on the dock the whole time.
Boy was I wrong! Owen was hesitant at first, but very excited to be wearing his life jacket. He kept wanting me to lower him in the water but wouldn't let me put him all the way in. And before we knew it, Ains just up and jumped off the side of the dock and into the water...she was the first one in!
The water was surprisingly warm and we all had fun floating around for a while. The hilarious part came when we tried to get out of the water. Luckily there was a man on the dock that was nice enough to lift out a few of the kids because the 3 adults watching the children would end up needing the kids support to get out(one was swimming the pond to train for a race). I got a good laugh watching John try to pull himself out. The dock floated a good foot and a half above the water. We eventually used the tube I was on as a step while I held the tube in place. I had to be hoisted out backwards by John and my friend Lisa (after several failed attempts to get me over my belly). I truly felt like a beached whale and had a good laugh. We all felt a little silly when we were joined by the swimming trainer and he pulled himself right out of the water. I guess the rest of us need to start working out, or next time we could just bring a ladder!

2 comments:

EJ said...

That looks so fun! Now we know where to go next time we come to Boise!

Dancing Queen said...

What fun!