Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A much needed break

Sometimes this one...
needs a break from this one...
And sometimes this one...
Needs a break from both of them...

And today we got it (kind of)!

With school being out there has been very little individual time in our house. Lately we do EVERYTHING together. Today we got a nice little break. Ains was invited to go see the Hannah Montana movie with a friend of hers (is that weird that my daughter is old enough to do things like that?!?!). So after a morning of the kids arguing with each other, they were able to be separated! And since Ains got to see a movie, I let Owen choose one to watch as well...thus giving me my break. (I have limited TV this summer to 2 shows or one movie a day. It's been tough, I'm not gonna lie, but worth it I think. I think there have been 2 or 3 days when I was desperate for the TV babysitter and chose to ignore the rule, but other than that I've stuck with it.) Luckily on a day like today where we all needed a little break for our own sanity, we got it!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Love the picture of you. It goes so well with this particular post. Hope the pregnancy's treating you well!

EJ said...

I'm so jealous of your camera. That picture of Ains is SO cool looking!

shellydinger said...

Those pictures are great! - All of them. I totally understand those desperate days when the t.v. just needs to be on.

Sheri said...

I love the age Ains and Bryce are at - it's a new found freedom for me that he can go to a friend's house to play and not have to be watched every second he's there. He had a sleep over with his best friend (who's moving) last night and had a blast! I can't wait until he can do stuff like vacuum and take out the trash - I love independance!

Dancing Queen said...

Personal time ... what's that? Matthew lost his job before school got out, and so we've ALL been hanging out lots as a family, which has been fun, and he's helped out a lot. But I've got up before everyone else a couple days, and it has been nice.