Sunday, September 13, 2009

Words I Love

I love it when kids say words wrong...I hate correcting them because it's so cute, I'd almost prefer them to say it wrong for years.

Ains still has a couple of words that she says wrong. She used to use a 'W' for her L's and when she gets talking fast she still says "Wet's" instead of "let's." I also love it when she mistakenly says destructions for instructions. "The destructions say....." Too funny!


Owen has a list of words right now that make me laugh. I think my favorite is that he calls Zucchini, "bikini." I love that it's fall and so there's lots of chance to use that word.

He is into the computer right now and always asks to play on pbs.ord. He loves the letter 'B' and throws it at the beginning of lots of words. Benember is remember and benilla is vanilla.

He is still figuring out pronouns. He confuses he and him, and for some reason I giggle a little when he says, "I like he!"

But I think I like it the most when he says actually. He uses this word a lot...he uses it correctly and he says it correctly which is why I like it. How many 3 year olds regularly use the word actually? Too cute!

He replaces any "y" sound at the beginning of a word with the "n" sound. So he'll say, "I toes nu" (I told you).
Nu is you, na is ya, nes is yes, and so on, it's just plain cute.

And just on another note, Owen has also decided that he would like to be a cooker when he grows up. From conversation we have gathered that he will cook people hot dogs and other delicacies. I'm sure he'll do well in this profession!

No comments: