Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happenings

**********Now with pictures!*************

We've had some happenings going on in our lives....and no camera for the visual proof (John's camera is in the shop). But I thought I'd go ahead and post now, because if a post gets too delayed I give up and never write it down.

#1 Ains was in her first play. She auditioned for a part in the Missoula Children's Theater play that came to Meridian. The theater company travels and happened to be near us for the week so she gave it a go. The competition was pretty fierce. They had parts for 50-60 kids 84 auditioned. She landed the part of a bat (as did most of the other kindergartners and first graders that auditioned:) I'm pretty sure she was the cutest bat up there. She got to be on stage twice and there was a whole bat song that all 10 little bats were a part of. It was a crazy week with rehearsals every night and a full morning of dress rehearsal on Saturday before the show. I think the best part for Ains was that her friend Kylie just happened to be auditioning as well and they got to be bats together. She had a great time all week and it was a new experience, so it was all worth it!



#2 John turned 33. He had a rockin' party her with the family. I don't have much else to say about that.

#3 We bought a minivan. After years of fighting my fate, I got a van. And I must say that minivans are very smart vehicles nowadays (that's what I say to make myself feel better about waiting until now to get one). I am loving the space. I love that the kids can't touch each other while we're in the car. I love that no one has to crawl over seats to get around the car. It makes travel wonderful. We ended up getting an '07 Honda Odyssey. It's pretty bare bones, I had to give up my dreams of power sliding doors, but it only has 30,000 miles and will be a great car for years to come. Buying cars always stresses me out, but once our mechanic gave it the two thumbs up I felt sure about our purchase and everything has fallen into place since.

(Not our actual van....but just like it....except this on is in Washington currently.)

#4 I sold John's car.....all by myself! I listed john's car on craigslist a few hundred less than the kelly blue book value because I knew it had some issues and needed to be seen by a mechanic. Literally 30 seconds after I published the listing my phone started ringing. Within 35 minutes I had 7 emails, 10 voice mails, several txts, and all the while my phone was ringing constantly. I would be on the phone with one person giving them directions and my phone would be beeping with other callers and then when I hung up there would be someone on the line. It was insane!!!! The car was gone literally 35 minutes after I listed it. The first people that stopped by bought it. I took the plates off, emptied the car, and handed over the title. A first for me. The buyer had to help me along. I had no idea what I was doing. I felt silly when they had to tell me that the title wouldn't be in the car. Apparently I listed his car WAY to low. But I got more for it than I thought we would. Yay!
(Again, not John's actual car, but doesn't it look all pretty in the sunset manufacturer photo?)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

That's funny about selling John's car. I sold a dining room set on craigslist a few years ago and it was the same thing -- people were driving away with it an hour after I posted it.

Too bad there are no pictures of Ainsley's play! I bet she was adorable!

Alene said...

I'm sure Ains WAS the cutest bat on stage! And don't feel bad about having a mini-van. I loved mine and drove it long after I no longer needed it. Besides, to the untrained eye (like mine) These days you really can't tell a minivan from a mini SUV--at least I can't.

shellydinger said...

Hurray for a new car! Kids not being able to touch each other might just be the best feature of a minivan. And awesome story about selling John's car. I wouldn't have any idea either.

Kohl said...

Congrats on getting a minivan! If I hadn't got a Pilot I definitely would have got an Odyssey. They are so nice! Great job on selling John's car too! I'm sure you were happy to get rid of it and happy for the money! :)

Anonymous said...

I like your "Now with pictures!" ha ha ha

I love our van (its a Toyota sienna though). I thought I would hate driving a van, but I pretty much LOVE it now. I get super grumpy if I have to drive Hubby's car. Glad you were able to get one!

And good job selling the car!

**KT