Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Owen is 5!

Owen turned 5 clear back on the 8th....and I'm finally posting about it! He got to have his first friend birthday this year. The theme of pirates was chosen and the fun began. Once again I outdid myself with the decorations.....mostly because my mom just happened to have a bunch of pirate decorations that made our back yard look particularly cool. But I do make a mean cupcake.
We started off the the ever popular hot dog lunch.
Then moved onto games. The biggest hit of the party was my water balloon (cannon ball) target launch. The kids got to throw water balloons when I yelled "fire" at targets hung on the fence. Then they took turns being the targets themselves. I think we could have just done this for an hour and the party would have been a success.

He's got the pirate look down.
He also got to have a little family party that night. Cousins came over for more cupcakes and ice cream and, of course, presents. He did quite well this year. He's got Lego's and transformers to spare and even got a scooter.
Owen is quite the little guy and it was fun to watch him have a day all to himself. Unfortunately he's the middle child and the only boy, so sometimes he gets the short end of the stick around here.
So here's a little about Owen...
He's always hungry.
He has a sweet tooth....a huge one.
He's the most independent person I know.
He's a daddy's boy.
He loves wii.
He once attacked a kid in defence of his sister (and was rewarded for it).
He is hilarious.
He will be the youngest in his kindergarten class this year...but he's already reading and I have a feeling he will be a math whiz.
He loves broccoli.
His favorite food is macaroni and cheese with ketchup and hot dogs in it.
He loves to swim.
He self taught himself to do flips on the trampoline and into the swimming pool.
He has a stain on the shoulder of every shirt he owns because he uses it as a napkin.
He rode his bike without training wheels when he was 4.
He is adorable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can he marry my daughter? Yes? Awesome.

kt

SD and EJ said...

I want to hear the story of the time he attacked someone defending his sister. What a good brother! And I have to agree that Owen is definitely adorable. His party looks awesome (and I'm glad you said it was his first friend party because Ash isn't having a friend party for her 3rd birthday next month and I was starting to feel guilty about it, but now I don't). :)

Sheri said...

Isn't it a nice feeling after you've thrown a successful kids party? Good job Jess!