Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Our trip to the pumpkin patch was a success this year. We went to a different pumpkin patch than we usually do because we had 2 free passes. And we had a blast (even if the night still some how cost $50....seriously, how!?) There were tons of fun things to do and we were more than entertained for hours. John's favorite was the little racing bike thingy's (not sure what to call them.)
While I came in dead last, I'm sure that had Emmie not been on my lap, squirming, I would have been a winner for sure!
According to Owen his favorite was the bouncy mat thingy....they should label these things so I know what to call them :).We spent some time in the corn maze. Very limited time. We stuck to the mini corn maze. And were grateful we did when we ran into some friends later in the evening who had been stuck in the corn maze with little kids for 3 hours. Not fun!I love this picture because it shows Emmie's true goofy self. Seriously. She walks this way often.Next was the cow train. (This I know the name of.) Try to find Owen. He was hiding. Stinker.
Finally a picture of Owen just smiling. A difficult feat.While none of the kids claimed that the corn box was their favorite, it was where they wanted to spend the most time. And I'm still finding corn. Everywhere.
We had to get some yummy food. This may have contributed to our massive bill for the night. Maybe. Fresh mini doughnuts and carmel apples....yumm!
And of course the pig race. Do you see Owen. By freak accident (or divine intervention) both of our children were chosen to come to the front to represent a pig during 2 different races. Unfortunately neither of them won. But they got a piece of candy. So in their minds they were still winners.
And last but not least....a pumpkin for all! 46 pounds of pumpkin to be exact. I know because we had to weigh them....and pay for each pound :). Well worth it though. There's nothing like picking your own pumpkin off the vine and then hauling it through a muddy field while carrying a toddler.
Plus it was worth it for this awesome shot of Emmie. I should be a professional!And last but not least, a group photo. With Owen hiding...or something?

3 comments:

EJ said...

Your pumpkin patch looks so fun!! And I love all the pictures. My favorite are the last two. Such cute kiddos. And in that picture of the girls, you look so, so, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

When I see those apples I want to lick my screen. Just sayin.

kt

Sheri said...

So fun to see your family, Jess. I would SOOO love to spend some time around your fun kids and see their personalities. And whoever EJ is, they are right, you are GORGEOUS!
: ) Love to you all!