Thursday, May 30, 2013

Saturday Adventures

As the kids are getting older it is getting easier for us to get out and do things as a family.  So we decided it would be fun to go on little Saturday adventures with the kids.  And the summer is perfect for that because we can find free things to do!  Two weeks ago it was father and sons (aka girls night).  The boys crashed our party and came home early due to rain.  So on Saturday we decided to head to Camel's Back park and do some hiking and exploring.  The last time I took the kids there they were too little to do much.  After a few tantrums, some fighting, and a crazy rash, we finally made it there.  And we even had a good time.

The kids and I are somewhere at the top of that massive hill.  As we were headed down the hill I earned the mother of the year award when I told Owen he could try running down as we neared the bottom.  Other kids were doing it so I thought he would be fine.  In hindsight I should have given him a bit of instruction about hill running!  He took off running full speed and within about 10 steps was doing a face plant and rolling down the hill.  My bad.  There was a bloody elbow, and sand in all the crevices of his face that you could imaging sand might go.  Snotty sand is gross.  I *think* Owen has forgiven me.  And now he has a cool story to tell :)

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

John takes really amazing pictures. (so sorry about Owen)

SD and EJ said...

I've totally been there! Poor Owen; I bet it was a little bit funny, though, right?