Monday, May 13, 2013

Women's Conference

A tradition has formed among some friends and I that we try to go on a little girls trip every spring.  This year we headed back to Women's Conference in Provo.  We went two years ago and had a great time and so we decided to go again.  And it was definitely worth the trip.  I have great friends in this ward, and not only did we all have a blast together, I can honestly say that I came home spiritually and mentally filled.  The classes that I chose to go to on Friday we wonderful and presented messages that I needed to hear.  Plus is always fun to be back on campus and feel a bit like a college kid again, although somehow it is becoming very apparent that I'm not a college kid anymore the students there look so young!
Other than the classes, staying up late talking, and being carefree for 3 days the highlights of the trip definitely included but are not limited to:  getting a sliver and having a BYU medical team stop to see if they could be of assistance (I was sitting up in the presenters chairs below..behind my friends...when the incident occurred.  Only mildly embarrassing.), getting to hear the woman that plays Cosette on Broadway (in New York!)  sing a collection of Les Mis songs, getting to hear the man that plays Jean Val Jean (sp?!) sing Bring Him Home.  Seriously, both brought tears to my eyes.  We shopped, ate, and did nothing at all sometimes.  It was heavenly.

And John did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone.  And now I'm forced back into reality, just a little more rejuvenated!

1 comment:

KT said...

How nice, looks super fun!

A medical team? A sliver? What in the world? Slow day in the medical office huh?

Reminds me when I was a student and went to work sick and I stood up to do something and fainted, hitting my head on the door frame. The professor I worked for called the BYU medical guys and when I came to, there was all these guys kneeling around me. It was ..........embarrassing. To say the least.