Thursday, March 19, 2015

Valentine's Day (better late than never!)

This year since Valentine's day was on a Saturday I decided to make a big breakfast for my family.  And then I decided that that if I was already cooking a big breakfast I might as well feed a crowd.  So I invited the miamaids over for brunch and they hung out with us for a bit.  It turned out to be a lot of fun. 

John woke up early to smoke us all a "fatty".  This fatty was peppers, eggs, and hashbrowns, wrapped in sausage and bacon.  And I have to admit, it was pretty good.
Speaking of John and fatty's.....John has been doing a weightloss competition with some of his family since January.  He has currently lost 28 pounds! His dedication has amazed me.  I unfortunately have gained 5 pounds...but that's a story for another day.


The rest of our Valentine's day was great.  The weather was gorgeous so we took the kids to the park and to dinner and watched Alexander and the......Bad day.   A perfect day as a family I'd say. 

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

Awesome job John! The food looks delicious.