Thursday, March 19, 2015

36

I recently turned 36.  And it may have been the best birthday ever!  I say that with little confidence because honestly, I'm getting old and I don't even remember what I did last year for my birthday.  But it was a great day.  John took the day off work so I got to sleep in a bit while he helped get the kids ready for school. 

I spent the morning birthday shopping with my mom. And then went out to lunch with my parents and Kortney and John.  Then John took me to see a movie.  I can't even remember the last time I went to a movie on a weekday afternoon.  I wish I could make a habit of it!  We saw the Imitation Game.  Great movie. 

Then we came home and John hung up one of my birthday presents.  I got a bunch of decorations for my birthday.  I like getting decorations.  Am I weird?
We picked up kids and did the after school rush and then grabbed some Chick-fil-A for dinner before my family came over for Tres Leches cake and ice cream.  Late that night after everyone was gone and the kids were in bed I realized that we hadn't taken a single picture all day.  John volunteered to take a picture of me watching tv while eating leftover cake out of the pan.  I declined the offer. 
 
And I must say...I got one of the coolest gifts ever.  My friend Brooke had this photo of us and turned it into a mug.  The photo was taken during the summer after dinner one night.  Brooke has the amazing ability to make 5-7 chins.  I am lame and can only make 2.  The proof if forever on the mug. 

3 comments:

EJ said...

I'm so lame because I was going to call you on your birthday and I didn't. Then I was going to call you the day after your birthday and I didn't. But I did think about you on your birthday and I'm glad it was a good day. I'm excited to see you soon!
That mug is awesome.

Brooke said...

I've never been so happy to see my 5-7 chins published online before.

KT said...

That mug is epic. :) Sounds like a nice birthday!