Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another year!

Today is our 8th anniversary, although we celebrated this past Saturday. We splurged and paid for a sitter...we rarely do that. We went out for dinner, John humored me and let me shop for some clothes on our date, we picked up bread for the sacrament, and then we came home and watched a movie. It really was a nice night out. It doesn't take much to make a night pleasant and relaxing when there aren't kids involved.

We share our anniversary with my mom...it's her birthday. So since we celebrated on Saturday we'll head over to celebrate with her tonight and make ginger bread houses with the kids. Every year I think that we need to celebrate our anniversary on another day, possibly in the summer. It's too easy to brush over it when there is shopping, spending, and a million other things to do. Maybe one of these years we will.


As for now, it's just nice to know that even after 8 years we're still into cattle horn furniture...nothing says love like cattle horn furniture! Maybe we'll have our own set some day...we can only hope!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Happy Anniversary! We went out for ours last weekend too. I like that we share this date - it's fun!

shellydinger said...

December weddings seem like such a great idea when you are dating. I think there has been at least 2 years where we have both completely forgotten it. Looking back, waiting 4 more months would not have killed me. Happy Aniversary!

Aimee said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a fun night. We rarely pay for sitters too....it is so expensive these days! :)

SD and EJ said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you actually agreed to marry my brother! (Kidding; I totally love him).

Dinger said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you have lasted 8 years with crazy John!! Ha! Ha! Just kidding John, we all know your a catch!!

mama donk aubri jo said...

cattlehorn furniture truly does say true long lasting love :) Happy anniversary!

Kohl said...

Happy Anniversary! I sort of hate having our around Christmas too because it does sort of get pushed under the rug. I still can't believe it has been 8 years.

Ashlee said...

I can't believe it has been 8 years!! I remember visiting you guys in your "luxurious" little apartment in Provo just after you got married. I can't believe how time flies.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you! We just had ours too and we ignored the whole thing....it's just too hard to deal with! Oh well!

Love the cattle horn furniture! :)

**KT