Monday, December 22, 2008

Week in Review

The past week has been a little crazy. I've never felt super busy during the month of December. I'm usually about done with my shopping and just working on a few odds and ends. This year however, has taken me by surprise. I had most of my shopping done, but for some reason, I have felt crazy busy and like I've been running like crazy. So, for documentation sake, here is the past week or so in review....enjoy (or feel free to skip)!

We went to a fun Christmas party with some friends a week or so ago where I took the best white elepant EVER!!! I found an old 80's padded/quilted photo album in mauve with lace and ribbons too. I put a picture of John on the front and then filled it with scrap booked pages of John that said things like, "so easy to love," "manly," "ooh la la." I'm kicking myself for not scanning the pages before I gave it away. It had people crying they were laughing so hard, seriously, I'm that hilarious. Anywho, after some fighting for the book some friends of ours ended up with it. I can't wait to see what embarrassing situation that book pops up at again.
Our week was also filled with birthday parties. We had my mom's b-day on the 16th. Ains had 2 birthday parties in one day (she rarely goes to birthday parties, how is it that she ends up going to 2 on one day).
A friend of mine also had a birthday last week and her husband threw her a surprise party. It was a lot of fun. There was a gift exchange, it was supposed to be another white elephant, but there were only 3 of us that gave white elephants. Everyone else gave cool stuff like movie tickets, candy, and platters. We took a mounted fish wearing a Santa hat...again, I'm hilarious. John was relieved to know that our friends that currently posses his scrapbook were out of town and would not be able to attend the party.
We also had our ward Christmas party. (This just happened to be on the same day as Ainsley's 2 birthday parties...what a day she had!) The party was very typical. We got these awesome shots of the kids with Santa.


Yep...that was the best we got. And we have about 20 shots like this (Owen was the photographer for the night.) It was very lazy of us to let Owen carry around the camera, but ours is taking worse and worse shots and so we're in the market for a new camera right now, but that's another story.
We have lots of crotch shots. It must stink to be 2 and be stuck at that level all day.

I've also been baking. I thought of a genius idea for neighbor gifts this year. Unfortunately I'm not a genius. I decide to make a couple of batches of cinnamon rolls and freeze them in little tin pans and then give them to our neighbors with baking instructions. This way they could enjoy them at a time when they weren't over run with treats. Unfortunately I made one batch without adding the salt and sugar to the dough. They tasted a little off. So, we gave away some and are now stuck with some pans of not so good cinnamon rolls. Yay!!!


We also decided to do the 12 days of Christmas this year. It has been a little more time consuming and costly than I originally thought. But I've had fun doing it, and I think Ains has loved dropping something off and running. Although, John has been stuck doing a lot of the delivering on his own. This is a treat we made to drop off for them last night...and then we used the extra to make up for yucky cinnamon rolls, maybe I am a genius?!?

We also had a massive snow storm, okay, massive for here. John and the kids spent a decent amount of time outside after church yesterday. But now it really feels like Christmas.

Other than that, its just been a lot of shopping, wrapping, and such. I think I'm now officially ready for Christmas. Only a few more presents to wrap, a little cleaning and laundry to do, and then Santa is welcome to come!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun and crazy week! I love the 12 Days of Christmas idea... I thought about having our family do that, but as usual I'm all good ideas and no follow through. :)

Your popcorn looks yummy!

The Marshall Family said...

I will confirm that you are soooooo funny. I would have loved to see the photo album!

Sheri said...

My holiday baking has been a disaster this year too. And Bryce had the same yellow airplane shirt that Owen had on. I thought it was so cute and Bryce loved it. Fun to see your little guy wearing it too! Love the photo album idea - I might have to steal it and call it my own!!!!

Dinger said...

One of those crotch shots looked like the bottom half of my brother!! Seriously that is so funny!! I also love the idea of the scrapbook, what a great idea!! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Your white elephant gift idea seriously made me laugh out loud! HA! I may have to steal that idea too. You are so hilarious! :)

**KT

Ashlee said...

You are a very HUMBLE, hilarious genious!! ;) Sounds like you've had a great holiday season.