Sunday, December 14, 2008

oops

We had our first snow fall that stuck today.
Unfortunately, it caused me to get this.
Luckily, I was driving in the neighborhood, alone, and no one was hurt.
Unfortunately, the other guys car wasn't as nice looking as mine after the little collision. He's going to need to go to a body shop for sure.
Luckily (for me) the kid that collided with me was probably like 15, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to be driving his step-dad's car. We didn't have cell phones. He was scared out of his mind. His step dad was out of town. He just wanted to get out of there. His step dad doesn't speak English. So we swapped numbers and called it good.
Unfortunately I still feel bad. The accident was as much my fault as is was his (I was driving in tire marks around a curve that were on his side of the road and we both just slid and couldn't avoid each other.)
Luckily I was driving the '96 Toyota and it's not worth repairing the damage.
What a fun Sunday afternoon!

9 comments:

SD and EJ said...

No fun. I'm sorry!

The Marshall Family said...

Oh no! I am glad everyone was ok. I keep thinking about the poor boy, if he really wasn't supposed to be driving the car, and what he was going to tell his dad!

The Marshall Family said...

Forgot to ask you if you were working Saturday noght. I thought I saw you in the window but when I went in you weren't there!

jessica said...

I was working until 5:00 so you might have seen me right before I got off...I should have stuck around to see you!

Anonymous said...

No one should care about the "poor boy." Jess should have called the police so he would get busted.

Val said...

That stinks. I always find myself wondering, "If only I hadn't been in that exact spot at that exact time then this wouldn't have happened!"

Melanie said...

I'm happy you didn't get hurt!
I was in a car accident this week too -- a 5-car pile-up! Don't you love winter weather?

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me, only I was stopped at a stop light and the kid who crashed into me was going too fast and not paying attention. I could see him coming in my rear view mirror and there was no where I could go. He swerved at the last minute, so he only grazed me and broke my reflector and scratched me up a bit, but his bumper wasn't as lucky. I think he might have been talking on his cell phone. My poor car seems to attract knuckle-heads. It was hit this summer while parked in a parking lot. But I've also decided that the Pilot is a very sturdy car. Neither time did I get more than surface damage.

Dinger said...

Jess, I'm glad it wasn't a huge crash!! I love the music on your blog!!