Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas has now come and gone...I love Christmas morning, although I'm always a little sad when it's all over. We had a great Christmas this year. Ains made sure to remind us several times a day that the reason we celebrate Christmas is because Jesus was born, not because of presents and Santa Claus (what a smarty pants!).

We spent Christmas eve at my parents house and had an Italian feast...it was delicious! Way too much food, but delicious!

We then played the traditional "game that Syd comes up with." This year she made a Wheel of Fortune wheel out of tinker-toys and then we had to solve the puzzles of Christmas sayings/song titles. I believe my mother was the winner. However, in my defense for coming in last, my first name that tune was a song called, "Pat a Pan." What! You haven't heard of that one either?!?

We then came home and the kids got to open their Christmas Eve present. Pajamas. And we were able to get the yearly shot of kids in front of the tree on Christmas Eve in their pj's. Cute, eh?Our morning was a blast. I think John was as excited as the kids that Santa brought a train set. We woke up to the sound of one of the trains going around the track. Owen didn't bother waking us up. John and the kids have had tons of fun building and rebuilding the track. I'm sure the train will bring hours of joy to all members of my family. The kids were so funny about opening their presents. Owen tried to wait his turn (we open things one at a time here) but somehow he never could wait a full rotation to open another present. Ains was cute because she was so excited about what ever she got. It's nice to watch someone open a present when you get the pleasant/ecstatic reaction Ains gives. Here's a funny little Ains story for you. Santa also brought Ains a little magna doodle. She was beaming when she took off the packaging and on the packaging material there was the magna doodle logo, and also a little drawing of a heart. She was so thrilled because she thought the elves had drawn her that picture and she immediately went and taped it on her door. I'm just wondering how long I have to hang on to the toy wrapper.

Much of our Christmas was spent playing with our new camera. John picked it up a few days before Christmas so that we could get some good shots of the day. We have decided that photography will be our new hobby! We got a camera that can shoot automatically or manually. John has wanted a camera like this for years and I've always wanted to learn photography. He's had people in our ward convincing me that ans SLR was so much better than a point and shoot. And due to the state of our current camera, a few books sold, and some Christmas money, he convinced me to let him get it. It really does take amazing pictures. I'm excited to learn even more so that I can figure out how to get some really cool shots. (John took this one. Notice the blurry hands but the focused face...facinating.)
Hope you all had a merry Christmas too!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had an excellent Christmas! Love the last shot John....good work!

SD and EJ said...

That is a cool picture! I still remember that Christmas that you guys were living here and you got all that baby stuff for Ains. When she came up the stairs and saw everything, she said, "Wow" like it was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen. I love it!

Dinger said...

I think we have grandpa Jansen to thank for our husbands love for trains. Dan would love to have a fancy train set like grandpa has, but for now, the plastic train set keeps he and the kids entertained. I'm glad the kids had a good Christmas! I ended up not being able to go to Salt Lake this week, so if your kids want to play, my kids would love to see cousins again!

Sheri said...

We decided to get the kids Geotracks at the last minute, and couldn't find Grand Central Station anywhere - so the airport will have to do for now! We're jealous you have one to play with. Looks like such a fun time!

Val said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! I really need a nice camera like yours!

Karalenn Hippen said...

This question I have for you is SOOO unrelated to Christmas (although you should know that I loved reading your post about your Christmas) Okay- I as I looked through this I was struck with how beautiful Ainsley hair is. I know she's got that thick lovely hair, but it's so shiny too. I was wondering what product you put in it. I need help with miss Makenzie. Her hair is always so tangled. Thanks. :)