Friday, July 16, 2010

Time............

Time is something I seem to have little of lately. I have good intention of posting our happenings, and have formulated several posts in my head, but when it comes down to having the time to take a picture and actually post something it just never seems to happen!

So here are some of the post that have been forming in my head lately. All squished into one gigantic post. Because I am blogging this morning instead of doing dishes.

1. This summer I copied a friend and her ABC summer idea. We sat down before school got out and came up with activities for each letter of the alphabet. We don't go in order...because that would be hard. And we don't do one everyday...because that would be hard! But it does help me to remember to keep the older 2 busy when it would be easier to just stay home and let Emmie sleep. I'm starting to think we won't get through the entire alphabet, and we'll probably do some letters twice. Because I'm sorry, but there are a ton of "S" activities and no X activities. And when it comes down to it, I'm as lazy during the summer as the kids. And some days we do NOTHING!

2. Emmie and I play a little game. Similar to hide and seek. She hides her binky and I find it. Usually during her nap, or after her nap. And then she cries if she hides it at the beginning of her nap. And then I have to go find it. More often than not it's under the crib. Or hidden in something surrounding her bed. Actually, now that I think about it, it's not so much a game as it is a chore for me. I have a solid winning record so far. It will be a sad day if I ever lose, because Emmie has only ever had this one binky. I'm sure that is some sort of world record. I also think I will have it sealed in some sort of a box like a shrine if I can keep track of it for the duration.3. John says that Emmie is our little Garden City Walmart baby. He'll probably get mad at me for writing that, but it makes me laugh. Because she does look a little rough around the edges. Her hair is in need of some help. But we're just plowing through waiting for it to grow out. It wouldn't be so bad if she would leave a headband or clip in her hair, but she refuses. So it just looks like we don't love her.
4. And some more about Emmie (you would think she was my favorite child right now....which might be true.....but I won't say for sure :) The day after she started really crawling she started pulling herself up on all kinds of furniture. She has taken a few steps walking along the couch. She has also bonked her head several times falling down. I keep thinking she'll learn. But she' s just too darn determined. So much for a mellow baby that just sits! I got another one that just can't hold still!
5. A preface to the story.....Owen hates getting water in his eyes. I don't have a picture to show this. But my little boy insists on wearing his goggles anytime he is playing in water. Last night he turned on the sprinkler in the front yard, went and put on his goggles, and was running through in his clothes. I still giggle when I picture him running around the front yard, fully clothed, soaking wet, with his goggles on!
6. And last but not least, my kids (and I'm including John as one of my children in this one) are completely obsessed with Star Wars. The movie and Star Wars Legos. It may or may not be slightly ridiculous. But probably the first one.

1 comment:

EJ said...

I so do not understand the whole Star Wars thing. What is cool about it?

And also, I hate binkies. That is why I am encouraging Cohen to suck his thumb. I may regret it later, but I just don't think about that.