Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our first visit from the Tooth Fairy

The moment Ainsley has been waiting for, "for her whole life" has finally happened! She lost her first tooth. Her favorite tooth to be exact! She was quite brave, considering her dad pulled it out after she discovered that there would be pain and blood.
There were only a few tears shed, and those were earlier when she bit into food and her tooth hurt. It was then that we thought it was time for the tooth to come out. And then she was all smiles!
The tears in this picture came when Owen opened her tooth box and her tooth disappeared into the carpet. Fearing that she would never find her tooth again, there was some drama. But the tooth was found and she was able to pose for these pictures.
And here she is this morning. The tooth fairy was very kind to her and left her a $2 bill. And now she can show off the toothless grin that she is extremely proud of!

7 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love the $2.00 bill idea. Does she get one for each tooth, or just the first?

jessica said...

Shelly, as much as I'd like to claim we are awesome parents and had the $2 thing planned out well in advance...It actually happened because we were both out of cash and couldn't bring ourselves to take cash from the kids and around 11:00 that night John remembered he had a stash of rare coins and a $2 bill. We have 2 more $2 bills now stored away so we're set for Emmie and Owen. I'm afraid after this the tooth fairy will only be bringing spare change to Ains!

Sheri said...

Yeah for the first lost tooth! I didn't remember until I taught 2nd and 1st grade how big a deal it is to lose teeth. TRAUMATIC! One day teaching I did a whole class countdown to get one boy to pull his tooth. I guess it was exciting, because that same day two other kids ended up pulling a tooth with the whole class counting down for them. Yeah for Ainsley! She is SUCH a cute girl!!!

Aimee said...

How fun for her!! Tyson can't wait to lose his first tooth. The $2 bill is a great idea for the first tooth....just might copy you on that. LOL

EJ said...

Exciting! Did you know that the tooth fairy is a man? (According to my dad).

Dinger said...

Oh wow, for a minutes there I thought she would get $2.oo every time and was worried that the tooth fairy was a cheap skate at my house! Cute!

Ashlee said...

Okay, so I haven't read your blog forever because I have had one crazy busy July, but tonight I caught up and I can just say that I love to read your posts. You make me laugh - I love your humor!! Glad to hear all is well.