Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A lot can happen in a week!

This past week we..............
Got family pictures taken...a few edits to this one and it will be perfect!!!
("What's wrong?" you ask. "You all look stunning!'" you say. Don't worry, we know how awesome we look! I'm just having a friend play with the lighting a bit, do some cropping to get rid of some of the feet, take out Owen's hand on the fence, and remove Emmie's headband from my hand.)
We celebrated the Fourth of July
Which just happened to be the coldest 4th of my lifetime (I think).

Which also happened to be the fourth (technically 3rd I guess since the holiday landed on a Sunday this year) where Owen's sweatshirt caught fire because his mother rolled up the sleeves on an over sized jacket to keep him warm and when the sleeves unrolled they went over the sparkler. I'm still a little traumatized by it all. Luckily Owen's only injury was a scrape on his neck from the zipper, since I ripped it off his head without unzipping it trying to get it off. Owen was ready to do sparklers again the next night....I'm still shaken up.
Ainsley also now has two loose teeth. Her bottom front teeth to be exact. We hear about them often....
And this little girl started crawling! She just leaned over her legs one afternoon and crawled four or five paces across the floor and then sat up as if nothing had happened. Until today she had yet to realize the benefit of her new found mobility. But today I think she realized that she could move around a bit. Which led to the covering of all the outlets, and the crash of a lamp.
Ahhh, the joys of having a crawler....but watching her scoot her little legs and move around the room is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so cute in that pic! It's great!

Love the toenails.

And um, sparklers are so scary. Wow.

**KT

Dinger said...

Yeah for Emmie. I knew it was only a matter of time! I love the family picture. The colors look really good!!

EJ said...

That is such a cute family picture! And I love the painted toe nails. Emmie looks so cute and so big.

Kohl said...

Cute family picture! Isn't editing great! Now we can have perfect pictures even if they weren't perfect when they were taken. I can't believe Emmie is crawling. Time flies!

Sheri said...

We hate sparklers - one took a nice bite out of Austin's finger last year - they're just scary! Love the family pic.

Sheri said...

Gorgeous family picture!!! : ) I love seeing your blog and staying caught up on your fun adventures--you always make me laugh, even in the virtual world. : )
Sheri (Blunck in Indiana)