Monday, August 30, 2010

First Grader at Last

Ainsley started first grade today. And for some reason I'm more nervous for this year than last. That could be because she only knows 2 kids in her class this year, neither of them well at all. And I've also heard interesting things about her teacher. And it could be because she's been nervous about first grade. But this morning she woke up excited for school and to make new friends. And didn't she just look adorable this morning?!
A whole day at school suddenly seems like a really long time. I can't wait to go get her to hear about her day!
And to celebrate the beginning of a new school year Emmie took her first steps last night!

According to John she took 3 steps twice. And I missed it both times! She won't perform on demand, only when she tries to get to her walking toy. She's been close to walking for a while now. So I knew it was only a matter of time. And I'm thinking we have quite a while before she's considered a walker!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is cute! Hope she enjoys 1st grade!

**KT

Kohl said...

Ains is so cute! She will love 1st grade once she gets use to being at school all day. It might take you a little bit longer to get use to it! We are on our third week and I still feel like Gavin is gone forever! :)

EJ said...

No way, she is considered a walker right now. That's awesome! And Ains is super cute, as always.

Sheri said...

CUTE! Ainsley is just so darling!!! Way to go on her hair! I love reading your blog, so keep it coming. : )
Sheri
(You can ALWAYS make me laugh!) : )