Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quote of the day.....and then some......

While excitedly telling me everything about her first day of school (the assembly, her teacher, PE, the naughty boy in PE, etc.) Ains described her new friend Hannah like this...

"She's very kind. And she's very polite."

I'm not sure this should have made me laugh like it did. But it caught me off guard and I suddenly felt like I was raising an 80 year old woman. But I'm still very glad Hannah is polite. Although I'm not sure what she did to make Ains think she was polite.

Ains also told us that her teacher, Mrs. Harris, was nice even when she was mad. I'm thinking it could have been a rough day for her teacher.

__________________________________________________


And now for a little scenario I have to share. It was most likely a fluke, but a great story either way.

The other day Emmie came crawling around the corner and I could see she had something in her mouth. So I said, "Emmie, what's in your mouth?"

She then pulled her little treasure out of her mouth and showed me.

So then I took it a step farther and said, "Bring it to me!"

And sure enough, she crawled across the floor and put it in my hand!

Crazy I know. I still can't decide if it was a fluke or not. But John and I both just sat there in awe as it all happened. And then John was sure to point out to Owen and Ains that Emmie had just made herself the most obedient child in the family!

2 comments:

EJ said...

It's always good to have friends that are very kind and very polite. So funny!

And I totally believe that Emmie is a genius.

Anonymous said...

Yes-I can definitely see John doing that