Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Preschooler!

I sent Owen off to preschool for the first time yesterday. It was a different experience than sending Ains off. Owen is a little more shy and cautious, but he was still soooo excited for preschool. Especially since he got to wear his super hero shirt. He is also so independent that I wasn't even allowed to walk him in and take a picture of him in his classroom on his first day. He informed me that he could do it himself. Although it made me smile as he was walking down the driveway into Mrs. B's house and he turned to ask if he had to knock or just walk in. He was a little hesitant, still wouldn't let me come with him, and then turned back and continued walking.
He had a great first day and I'm really excited for him to be in this school. He will go 2 days a week for 2 and 1/2 hours to a woman in our stake. She is only teaching preschool this year because her youngest is a preschooler this year. I think she'll be a great teacher. And she lives on a mini farm in the middle of the city. She has horses, chickens, and bunnies.
Owen was so excited that on his first day of school he got to feed a horse, get an egg from the chicken coop, and play on the monkey bars. He loved it!
My only concern was when I asked him if he made any friends or played with anyone he said he didn't because he didn't know who to play with. It made me nervous for him. But he will be in a playgroup with 3 other boys in his preschool so hopefully he will make friends he feels comfortable with soon.

1 comment:

Alene said...

He does look a bit nervous in the pictures. But so handsome!