Saturday, August 28, 2010

Girls Day Out

Years ago I remember a friend telling me about how she took her girls to get pedicures and go shopping before School started each year. And since I'm a huge copycat...I took Ains to get a manicure and go shopping today. Since I'm not made of money we went to the beauty college for our outing. All I have to say about that is, wow. There are some very interesting people in beauty school right now. I don't' think I've seen so many tattoo's and so much crazy face paint and make-up in, um, ever. I was worried Ains would say something about it. But she didn't. And although the girls that did our nails were a little interesting looking, and obviously students, they were nice and we had a good time!

After we were all pretty we went to lunch at Arby's, as per requested by Ainsley, and then went shopping. We both got some cute clothes, and I spent too much money, but it was a fun day out. And totally worth it! I can't wait to do it again next year!

And just because, here are some cute pics of Emmie. Could she be any more adorable? I think not!

5 comments:

EJ said...

Look at those cute little pigtails! I love it. That sounds so fun. I can't wait to do stuff like that with Ash. Yesterday we went to the store, just the two of us, and I thought it was so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

What a super cute tradition -- I bet Ains will feel like (and be) the cutest one at school!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome idea. Glad ya had fun. And Emmie is so cute. I love babies-sleeping-in-the-high-pictures!

**KT

Kohl said...

I love that last picture of Emmie! She is so adorable!

shellydinger said...

Those are great pictures of Emmie. She could not be any cuter! I wish we lived closer. And I love the colors you girls chose!